By: baukienvn (offline)  Thursday, 29 January 2015 @ 04:01 PM ICT (Read 770 times)  

I'm going to school in Honolulu next fall. I want to get a bike so that I have some transportation.

I don't have a motorcycle license, I don't know how to ride, I will have to save up money, and I'll have to get all this and buy a bike without parents knowing.

I'm 20, so it's not like I'm some 16 year old kid trying to go behind my parents backs. I'm responsible, smart, etc, and I would like to purchase a 250cc motorcycle to get around the island. My parents don't want me to get a bike because my mom knew someone growing up who died on one, so she's paranoid. My dad doesn't want me to get a bike because my mom won't let him get one.

If anyone would be kind enough to walk me through it from the start to purchasing a bike without parents knowledge, that would be great. Oh, and the cheaper the better, I don't want to spend more than $2-3k. Even thinking about that little amount still makes me cringe.

baukienvn

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Johan ()  Thursday, 29 January 2015 @ 05:30 PM ICT  

It's not difficult to get a Thai motorcycle license, I know people who hired a motorcycle taxi for a few hours and went to do the motorcycle riding exam the next day and got the Thai motorcycle drivers license.

The drivers license for motorcycles cost 150 THB, which is less than US$ 5, and for 62,000 to 93,000 THB (what is about the same as 2000 to 3000 US Dollar) you can find if you're lucky some nice secondhand 250cc motorcycles.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association