By: Anonymous: Jonathan ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 05:10 PM ICT (Read 3105 times)  

I have problems with my battery, the Honda dealer says that everything is fine, but when I ride the battery will not charge.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 10:30 PM ICT  

Quote by: Jonathan

I have problems with my battery, the Honda dealer says that everything is fine, but when I ride the battery will not charge.

First look for the obvious, make sure the battery cables and terminals are clean and properly tightened. If the motorcycle/scooter was not used for a long time, first charge the battery with an external charger. Some motorcycles/scooters with security systems, clocks, radio, phone charger, Blue tooth communication system, GPS navigation systems and what more I cannot think off, you might want to avoid using them all at the same time. Most of this for motorcycle designed gadgets are for bigger motorcycles with bigger chargers.

I've heard a few complains that small scooter chargers can't keep the battery fully charged while various electronic gadgets are continually draining the battery. If you use some gadgets on your scooter try to see if the battery charges without them connected.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 07:50 AM ICT  

If all else fails find another mechanic! Smile

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 09:13 AM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

Good one....Laughing Out LoudLaughing Out LoudLaughing Out LoudBig GrinBig GrinThai Bike

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 11:32 AM ICT  

Or another battery.Idea

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Wednesday, 27 October 2010 @ 02:11 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Or another battery.Idea

Surely the Honda mechanic would have done a load test on the battery. Ohh yes, i forgot; they do that by shorting a spanner across the terminals! Laughing Out Loud Which only proves that it has charge and doesn't show if the battery is working properly.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association