Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Friday, 23 November 2012 @ 03:21 AM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Riding > Motorcycle Models New Topic Post Reply
 Buying A Motorbike - Any Recommendations?
 |  Printable Version
By: SUPERENDURO (offline) on Thursday, 15 October 2009 @ 08:04 PM ICT  
SUPERENDURO

Hello!
I am in the same situation, that I am going to get a new tool for my transports around the Island of Phuket 60 km N to S.and about 25km between W & E shores on the widest point.
I am 190cm /100kg's so I want the biggest and most powerfull machine possible with CVT, Alloy Wheels & Storage compartment, I have had my eyes on these scooters:

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135
Suzuki SkyDrive 125i
Honda Click-i 110i

Have I missed any bike on the market?

I am NOT in the need for a big bike.

KTM 950 SUPER ENDURO R With Rekluse & Wings
KTM 450 EXC-R "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" With Rekluse Z-Start Pro & Öhlins SD 2.0
Suzuki KingQuad 700EFI, X-Treme Lift, 27" 589 M/S.
BMW K1200LT

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Phuket

Profile Email   PM
By: news (offline) on Thursday, 15 October 2009 @ 10:37 PM ICT  
news

Hello Supereduro,

Personally I would "currently" forget about the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135, more and more dealers are talking about a upcoming fuel-injection upgrade. The Suzuki Skydrive 125 is surely a good choice. It is very economic on fuel and nows how to perform, it will start under all conditions in Thailand and likely around the world. It will run all fuel as efficient as it is possible.

The Yamaha Elegance 135, while performing well is in daily and future use no match for any other fuel-injection motorcycles. A carburetter motorcycle/scooter is tuned to one fuel, and one fuel only if you full the tank with anything other it is likely to damage the motorcycle's engine, some fuel burn hotter then other fuels. The sensors in a fuel-injection motorcycle/scooter prevent this possible danger of engine problems....

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: SUPERENDURO (offline) on Thursday, 15 October 2009 @ 11:16 PM ICT  
SUPERENDURO

Quote by: news

Hello Supereduro,

Personally I would "currently" forget about the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135, more and more dealers are talking about a upcoming fuel-injection upgrade. The Suzuki Skydrive 125 is surely a good choice. It is very economic on fuel and nows how to perform, it will start under all conditions in Thailand and likely around the world. It will run all fuel as efficient as it is possible.

The Yamaha Elegance 135, while performing well is in daily and future use no match for any other fuel-injection motorcycles. A carburetter motorcycle/scooter is tuned to one fuel, and one fuel only if you full the tank with anything other it is likely to damage the motorcycle's engine, some fuel burn hotter then other fuels. The sensors in a fuel-injection motorcycle/scooter prevent this possible danger of engine problems....

Is the Skydrive relatively big and does it have a large storage compartment ?
Is it really that hard to find non alcohol fuel in Phuket?
I wish the Yamaha Elegance would have the Spark Fi 4V-engine, then it would be a no brainer...
Why is the Yamaha Spark RX 135i (52K) lower priced than the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance (55K)

BMW K1200LT

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:

Phuket

Profile Email   PM
By: TCA (offline) on Friday, 16 October 2009 @ 12:00 PM ICT  
TCA

Quote by: news

Hello Supereduro,

Jeez, that post has put a dampener on my almost made decision to go for the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. I also read about an upcoming fuel-injection model but am led to believe this will be far more expensive than the existing model, which is already at the top end of the price range for this level of bike.

Is the fuel aspect in a non-fuel injection engine really such a vital factor, as there appear to be many owners of this bike around? Excuse my ignorance. Do any Nouvo Elegance drivers out there agree with this?

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: Silvia () on Friday, 16 October 2009 @ 03:31 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Silvia

If I look back on how fast the gasoline based 95 fuel was gone, and I cannot run Gasohol 95 in my motorcycle. I would select next time a motorcycle which can run as much fuels as possible, especially with so much changes in fuels coming up.

By: TCA (offline) on Friday, 16 October 2009 @ 11:05 PM ICT  
TCA

Apparently the recommened fuels for use in the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance is no different to that specified for Honda's fuel injection models: pure benzene 91, 95 or 98 or gasohol 91 or 95.

Neither is equipped to work on any of these "future fuels" like E20 or E85, so it doesn't sound to me like there's anything between the two and I've yet to hear or read anything about Elegance owners and engine trouble.

I gather that the gasohol has slight disadvantages over the regular benzene such as loss of power and fuel efficiency and possibly even damage to the fuel system, but as this presumably applies equally to both fuel injected and non fuel injected bikes, the argument for fuel injected bikes does not appear to hold water on this front either.

Any thoughts?

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email   PM
By: SUPERENDURO (offline) on Friday, 16 October 2009 @ 11:49 PM ICT  
SUPERENDURO

Quote by: TCA

Apparently the recommened fuels for use in the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance is no different to that specified for Honda's fuel injection models: pure benzene 91, 95 or 98 or gasohol 91 or 95.

Neither is equipped to work on any of these "future fuels" like E20 or E85, so it doesn't sound to me like there's anything between the two and I've yet to hear or read anything about Elegance owners and engine trouble.

I gather that the gasohol has slight disadvantages over the regular benzene such as loss of power and fuel efficiency and possibly even damage to the fuel system, but as this presumably applies equally to both fuel injected and non fuel injected bikes, the argument for fuel injected bikes does not appear to hold water on this front either.

Any thoughts?

It must be easier to adapt a carburated modell to e.x E85, with bigger pilot & main jets, lift the needle a step (you need appx 25% more fuel on E85)
Fiddle with Fi to manage a 25% in flow capacity might need higher pressure &/or bigger fuel injectors depending on the capacity of the injectors.
You should also advance the timing a few degrees to adapt to the slower burning alcohol fuel.......

BMW K1200LT

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:

Phuket

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: Mee () on Saturday, 17 October 2009 @ 11:34 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Mee

My Honda Airblade-i (fuel-injection model) can run on E20 it even says that in the manual....

By: Anonymous: Sing () on Monday, 19 October 2009 @ 12:01 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Sing

Why so many people are interested in the Yamaha Nouveau Elegance and how does the Yamaha compares to the new Honda PCX 125i?

By: Anonymous: Hondano () on Monday, 19 October 2009 @ 12:58 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Hondano

Comparing the specs of the Honda PCX with what? On the Thai scooter market is nothing what is comparable. “It is like always Honda invents and innovates and the others simply follow by coping”.

If we look at the new variable transmission system on the Honda PCX, Honda found it possible to patent 14 new “innovative” improvements. With a system with less then 14 parts it must be interesting to see what they did...

Honda also shaped the combustion chamber to improve the combustion, in combination with a upgraded PGM-FI (fuel-injection) makes the PCX the most advanced scooter in Thailand. And if the price level is nearly identical to the Honda Airblade it would be an amazing machine.

Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:21 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

ABS Brakes on Sportsbikes? A Good Things or Not?

•  No, they add too much weight
  •  Yes, they're obviously a good thing
  •  Yes, as long you can turn them off
  •  No, I prefer the feel of normal brakes
  •  No, I don't need them
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 287 votes | 6 comments

Events

There are no upcoming events

What's New

Stories