Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Tuesday, August 19 2014 @ 05:25 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  Buying and Selling >  Bike Accessories New Topic Post Reply
 250 Ninja Sprockets (15 tooth aftermarket) and gel pads
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Thursday, December 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM ICT (Read 4784 times)  
Anonymous: Jeffrey

Looked all over for some parts for my 2010 250 Ninja. Everyone says try Kawasaki yet they only do stock
I have tried Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Pattaya And does anyone have gel pads inserts or pads ? I have been know to do 1000+km a day

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, December 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM ICT  
Richard

Quote by: Jeffrey

Looked all over for some parts for my 2010 250 Ninja. Everyone says try Kawasaki yet they only do stock I have tried Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Pattaya And does anyone have gel pads inserts or pads ? I have been know to do 1000+km a day

Most of the people I know are changing the rear sprocket on the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, you can find rear sprockets easy online and cost not much to send to Thailand.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R sprockets

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Friday, December 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM ICT  

Depends on your riding. Adding a tooth to the front sprocket is equal to removing 3 teeth on the back. This lowers the RPMs and gives a higher top speed and lower RPMs at cruising speed. Stock the bike turns over 7000 rpm at 100 kph. With the riding I do, long distance. I want lower RPM to save the engine and fuel. I did find several rear sprockets at 1 shop with more teeth, this raises the RPMs, lowers top speed, and increases fuel consumption. Mostly used by racers and those who do stunts and wheelies. My goal is 6000 rpm at 100 kph

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, December 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM ICT  
Richard

Depends on your riding. Adding a tooth to the front sprocket is equal to removing 3 teeth on the back. This lowers the RPMs and gives a higher top speed and lower RPMs at cruising speed. Stock the bike turns over 7000 rpm at 100 kph. With the riding I do, long distance. I want lower RPM to save the engine and fuel. I did find several rear sprockets at 1 shop with more teeth, this raises the RPMs, lowers top speed, and increases fuel consumption. Mostly used by racers and those who do stunts and wheelies. My goal is 6000 rpm at 100 kph

If you follow the link in my previous post you see that they also have a 15 teeth front sprocket for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, it costs US$ 14.51 (+/- 435 Baht). The shipping and import duty is something you should figure out, but to my experience it's acceptable...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Matty (offline)  Friday, December 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM ICT  
Matty

The Ninja 250cc is a global product, sold in most countrys around the world, You should be able to find many online Motorcycle stores that stock and ship a range of sprockets to suit your needs.
Surf the net, shop around for price and postage costs, order and enjoy.
Matt..

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Simon ()  Friday, December 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Simon

Looked all over for some parts for my 2010 250 Ninja. Everyone says try Kawasaki yet they only do stock
I have tried Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Pattaya And does anyone have gel pads inserts or pads ? I have been know to do 1000+km a day

I also have the idea that Kawasaki not changed the front sprocket for the last 3-years, so I would not only search for 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R front sprockets.Peace

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Saturday, December 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM ICT  

I do have the specks of every sprocket made for ever bike over the last 30+ years so have checked for any of the 30 or so that will fit. But this brings me back to where I started. Dennis kurk and parts unlimited as well as others do not take Thai credit cards nor will ship to Thailand. Running around in circles again. I may need a flight somewhere to get what I want. Anyone else need anything ?

By: Richard (offline)  Saturday, December 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM ICT  
Richard

I do have the specks of every sprocket made for ever bike over the last 30+ years so have checked for any of the 30 or so that will fit. But this brings me back to where I started. Dennis kurk and parts unlimited as well as others do not take Thai credit cards nor will ship to Thailand. Running around in circles again. I may need a flight somewhere to get what I want. Anyone else need anything ?

BikeBandit, and Cheap Cycle Parts take Thai credit cards, they even accept PayPal (believe) BikeBandit Specials Up to 67% Off and Cheap Cycle Parts

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: monoguy (offline)  Saturday, December 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM ICT  
monoguy

Hi, do u need the stuff urgently? i am getting some part for my bike also but cause i have friend helping me to Hand carry the parts to thailand. so i save alot on the parts( as long as the thing is still not TOO big).. Razz

Jeffrey

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 05:25 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,383 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER