Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Thursday, August 21 2014 @ 08:05 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance New Topic Post Reply
 Question about control lights
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Samual ()  Wednesday, October 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM ICT (Read 1282 times)  
Anonymous: Samual

Every time I turn my motorcycle on I get a F1 light and a genie bottle one too. But then they go away. Do I need to bring it in for a service? I have the motorcycle now 5 days.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, October 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM ICT  
news

Quote by: Samual

Every time I turn my motorcycle on I get a F1 light and a genie bottle one too. But then they go away. Do I need to bring it in for a service? I have the motorcycle now 5 days.

That 'F1' light is actually an fuel-injection light. The 'genie bottle' is likely the oil light. IF you've noticed they come on before the motorcycle started with th ignition in the 'on' position only to go out once it's started, that's a good thing. That's because the lights go into a diagnostic mode before the engine is started to let the rider know the warning lights are still operating. If the engine is good, the lights will go out once it's running.

However, you'll have a problem if the lights illuminate while the engine is on. This means that something in the fuel-injection is malfunctioning, your oil level is low, or even worse, you oil pressure is low. Another bad sign is when the lights don't illuminate at all, even before starting. This means they don't work, and in the event of a problem you won't be notified because the lights aren't working.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, October 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

Samual,

Read the book that came with the bike. If you don't have one either download one or go to dealer and get one. You will then get other information about service intervals etc. If the bike is new make sure you change the oil according to the book. Probably at 1000kms but sometimes 500.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 08:05 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,430 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER