Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Tuesday, August 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Q&A New Topic Post Reply
 Theft of motorbikes in Phuket
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Karen ()  Saturday, September 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM ICT (Read 1870 times)  
Anonymous: Karen

Hello,

What is the probability of having my motorbike with a sidecar lifted by someone on the Island of Phuket? Also, the process of getting it back, if this does happen, of course.

Just wondering if there are any "stories" out there and information to be culled from other's experiences.

Thank all of you so much. You are a great group!

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, September 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM ICT  
ThaiDesign

Quote by: Karen

Hello,

What is the probability of having my motorbike with a sidecar lifted by someone on the Island of Phuket? Also, the process of getting it back, if this does happen, of course.

Just wondering if there are any "stories" out there and information to be culled from other's experiences.

Thank all of you so much. You are a great group!

Sadly motorcycle theft also happens in Thailand, but if we compare the amount of motorcycles thefts to other countries in the world (keeping in mind the amount of motorcycles, people living there). The theft of motorcycles in Thailand is not that serious problem.

And if thief's go out to steal a motorcycle they concentrate on popular models and motorcycles that are equipped with expensive modifications.

If you buy a Stallion Buddy SME with sidecar I can bet that even if you park it in front of a motorcycle thief unlocked and with the engine running …. he will just walk away... This because he can not make money selling the Stallion bike or Stallion parts on the grey market... This is of course different if you have the latest Honda PCX or other very popular and expensive motorcycles.

Even if you should buy a Tiger Retro 110 with sidecar you not have to worry that much about somebody stealing it... Tiger parts are just not expensive enough to get motorcycle thief's excited.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 11:11 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,384 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER