36 posts :: Page 2 of 3
By: TCA (offline)  Friday, 16 October 2009 @ 11:05 PM ICT  

Apparently the recommened fuels for use in the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance is no different to that specified for Honda's fuel injection models: pure benzene 91, 95 or 98 or gasohol 91 or 95.

Neither is equipped to work on any of these "future fuels" like E20 or E85, so it doesn't sound to me like there's anything between the two and I've yet to hear or read anything about Elegance owners and engine trouble.

I gather that the gasohol has slight disadvantages over the regular benzene such as loss of power and fuel efficiency and possibly even damage to the fuel system, but as this presumably applies equally to both fuel injected and non fuel injected bikes, the argument for fuel injected bikes does not appear to hold water on this front either.

Any thoughts?

TCA

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: SUPERENDURO (offline)  Friday, 16 October 2009 @ 11:49 PM ICT  

Quote by: TCA

Apparently the recommened fuels for use in the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance is no different to that specified for Honda's fuel injection models: pure benzene 91, 95 or 98 or gasohol 91 or 95.

Neither is equipped to work on any of these "future fuels" like E20 or E85, so it doesn't sound to me like there's anything between the two and I've yet to hear or read anything about Elegance owners and engine trouble.

I gather that the gasohol has slight disadvantages over the regular benzene such as loss of power and fuel efficiency and possibly even damage to the fuel system, but as this presumably applies equally to both fuel injected and non fuel injected bikes, the argument for fuel injected bikes does not appear to hold water on this front either.

Any thoughts?

It must be easier to adapt a carburated modell to e.x E85, with bigger pilot & main jets, lift the needle a step (you need appx 25% more fuel on E85)
Fiddle with Fi to manage a 25% in flow capacity might need higher pressure &/or bigger fuel injectors depending on the capacity of the injectors.
You should also advance the timing a few degrees to adapt to the slower burning alcohol fuel.......

KTM 950 SUPER ENDURO R With Rekluse & Wings
KTM 450 EXC-R "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" With Rekluse Z-Start Pro & Öhlins SD 2.0
Suzuki KingQuad 700EFI, X-Treme Lift, 27" 589 M/S.
BMW K1200LT

SUPERENDURO

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Mee ()  Saturday, 17 October 2009 @ 11:34 AM ICT  

My Honda Airblade-i (fuel-injection model) can run on E20 it even says that in the manual....

By: Anonymous: Sing ()  Monday, 19 October 2009 @ 12:01 AM ICT  

Why so many people are interested in the Yamaha Nouveau Elegance and how does the Yamaha compares to the new Honda PCX 125i?

By: Anonymous: Hondano ()  Monday, 19 October 2009 @ 12:58 PM ICT  

Comparing the specs of the Honda PCX with what? On the Thai scooter market is nothing what is comparable. “It is like always Honda invents and innovates and the others simply follow by coping”.

If we look at the new variable transmission system on the Honda PCX, Honda found it possible to patent 14 new “innovative” improvements. With a system with less then 14 parts it must be interesting to see what they did...

Honda also shaped the combustion chamber to improve the combustion, in combination with a upgraded PGM-FI (fuel-injection) makes the PCX the most advanced scooter in Thailand. And if the price level is nearly identical to the Honda Airblade it would be an amazing machine.

By: TCA (offline)  Monday, 19 October 2009 @ 03:31 PM ICT  

Quote by: Hondano

Comparing the specs of the Honda PCX with what?

Quote by: Sing

Why so many people are interested in the Yamaha Nouveau Elegance and how does the Yamaha compares to the new Honda PCX 125i?

It's a decent question. Comparison of potentially the two top motorbikes at this level of machine. I'd be interested in people's views too.

TCA

Group Comfort
Level:

By: SUPERENDURO (offline)  Tuesday, 20 October 2009 @ 02:02 AM ICT  

Honda PCX 125i is not on the market yet, right?
Hard to campare a bike thats only merit is that it is will be avalable on the export market next year.

www.autoincar.com/honda-pcx-125i-cruiser-scooter-export-from-thailand-to-the-world/

BMW K1200LT

SUPERENDURO

Group Comfort
Level:

By: TCA (offline)  Tuesday, 20 October 2009 @ 11:18 AM ICT  

The Honda PCX 125i will be on sale in Thailand from next month. There's a glowing review of it on this very site, so somebody somewhere knows something.

motorcycle.in.th/article.php/The-Honda-PCX-125i-Scooter-the-Powerful

TCA

Group Comfort
Level:

By: SUPERENDURO (offline)  Tuesday, 20 October 2009 @ 12:32 PM ICT  

Quote by: TCA

The Honda PCX 125i will be on sale in Thailand from next month. There's a glowing review of it on this very site, so somebody somewhere knows something.

motorcycle.in.th/article.php/The-Honda-PCX-125i-Scooter-the-Powerful

????
Best bike Honda built, are they joking???
Ok so who has tested one?

BMW K1200LT

SUPERENDURO

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 21 October 2009 @ 08:21 PM ICT  

The Honda PCX 125i is has so much new technology that the offerings of other manufacturers will look old, besides having the first stop-start system on a motorcycle, the Honda PCX also employs Honda’s ACG starter that combines a cell motor and alternating current generator. The Honda PCX will be equipped with a Combined Brake System for the front and rear wheels.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: SUPERENDURO (offline)  Thursday, 22 October 2009 @ 01:01 AM ICT  

I am heading over to Thailand Nov 7 (just bought tickets).
First thing on Monday morning Nov 9, I am going to shop for a new bike at Numsang Co Ltd (Honda), I would need to get a new commuting bike real soon since my old one turned into a pile of junk under one of these pac-man garbagetrucks.
We will see if I can get my hands on one of those new nifty Honda PCX....., If that is not possible, or if I simply don't like the PCX I have decided to go for a Nouvo 135 just around the corner is Ruampong Motor Co (Yamaha).
Can you get one like these in stores now, I sure dig the blue colcour?

The PCX in Black/White is nice (I am not a fan of the White/Tan combo)

BMW K1200LT

SUPERENDURO

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Willy ()  Friday, 27 November 2009 @ 08:23 AM ICT  

Honda Motor Co. Ltd., plans to have the Honda PCX available early December. With the price starting at 70,000 baht and sales target of 50,000 Honda PCX scooters per year.

By: Anonymous: Dan ()  Monday, 11 January 2010 @ 03:07 PM ICT  

I bought a Honda PCX just over a week ago and paid 71,000 THB from the main Honda dealer in Cha Am. Previously I had driven a number of Honda 110/125's like the Air Blade but the PCX is a cut above them. Ride comfort and stability are far superior and despite having a new engine, economy seems pretty good so far. The stop/start facility works very well and the seat storage space is great and devours much more than you expect. It is about 25,000 more than a standard 125 machine, but in my view, if you can afford it then definitely give the PCX a test drive - I did and bought one!!

By: Anonymous: Walt ()  Monday, 11 January 2010 @ 05:50 PM ICT  

I also purchased the Honda PCX after a test ride at Pattaya (Jomtien) and found that the Honda PCX is years ahead of the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - which is by Honda critics portrayed as the closest competitor!

By: Anonymous: SUPERENDURO ()  Monday, 11 January 2010 @ 06:00 PM ICT  

71000 THB is dirt cheap....about 1450 Euro, in Europe the price is .......................................
3420 Euro or 164000 THB.

36 posts :: Page 2 of 3
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 172 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association