Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Tuesday, 23 October 2012 @ 03:55 AM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Events and Racing on Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Racing New Topic Post Reply
 Ratthapark Wilairot 'Road' Accident
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Wednesday, 08 December 2010 @ 08:08 AM ICT (Read 7848 times)  
Anonymous: Anonymous

Life can be weird, Ratthapark Wilairot rides on a daily base one of the fastest motorcycles in the world, he comes to Thailand for his dads funeral and has an accident riding pilion on a Cub 100 or 125cc like motorcycle.

I surely hope Ratthapark “Film” will have a speedy recovery, and my condolence to his friend who died in the accident.

This posting was originally posted as a comment for article Ratthapark Wilairot Injured In Streetbike Crash

By: news (offline) on Wednesday, 08 December 2010 @ 08:21 AM ICT  
news

We at Motorcycle Thailand want to wish the family Wilairot lots of strength in this difficult time, and that Ratthapark soon will recover from this dreadful accident.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Wednesday, 08 December 2010 @ 05:40 PM ICT  

Tragic.
Seems that riding in Thailand can be more dangerous than riding in Moto2.
I wonder if each of the young victims were wearing decent helmets; worth investigating.
may you have a full recovery Khun 'Film'.

By: Anonymous: Ron () on Thursday, 09 December 2010 @ 04:12 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Ron

A Thai based writer in the forum of an Australian website similar to this, who is close to the family, stated that neither rider was wearing a helmet!!

By: Richard (offline) on Thursday, 09 December 2010 @ 05:25 PM ICT  
Richard

Quote by: Ron

A Thai based writer in the forum of an Australian website similar to this, who is close to the family, stated that neither rider was wearing a helmet!!

I ride often in our moobaan (neighborhood) without helmet, but, the accident with Ratthapark is a wakeup call that even if I ride to paksoi I will wear a helmet...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +9

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Sunday, 19 December 2010 @ 07:05 AM ICT  

Meanwhile, the Thai media is totally ignoring the very relevant question; were these two young men wearing helmets?

I suspect not.
If this is so then there would probably be very complicated contractual and insurance issues to be dealt with.
And, of course, if helmets were not worn then what a terrible role model Ratthapark would be showing to so many Thais who idolize him. But we can't have that can we?

So my guess is that neither men were wearing a helmet and, as so often happens here, the truth is brilliantly concealed and no-one in the media (including Motorcycle Thailand) has the courage and strength to get to the facts. Hope I'm wrong. Doubt it though.

By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Sunday, 19 December 2010 @ 07:06 AM ICT  

Hmmmm, an underwhelming response to a serious (if 'uncomfortable' ) question!

By: news (offline) on Wednesday, 22 December 2010 @ 09:38 AM ICT  
news

Quote by: Anonymous

Meanwhile, the Thai media is totally ignoring the very relevant question; were these two young men wearing helmets?

I suspect not.
If this is so then there would probably be very complicated contractual and insurance issues to be dealt with.
And, of course, if helmets were not worn then what a terrible role model Ratthapark would be showing to so many Thais who idolize him. But we can't have that can we?

So my guess is that neither men were wearing a helmet and, as so often happens here, the truth is brilliantly concealed and no-one in the media (including Motorcycle Thailand) has the courage and strength to get to the facts. Hope I'm wrong. Doubt it though.

Trust me we tried to find out if they were wearing helmets, but I guess that the only person who knows this are the persons who found them.

The police in Chonburi doesn't want to tell or simply also not knows, they doing it off as irrelevant to the accident and therefore the report doesn't specify it.

And due to the nature, and our decency, we don't try to dig deeper. The family Wilairot have enough to deal with...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +26

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: Truth () on Wednesday, 22 December 2010 @ 05:43 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Truth

" they doing it off as irrelevant to the accident and therefore the report doesn't specify it. "

Oh really? Whether or not they were wearing helmets is 'irrelevant'.! Amazing logic.
Don't forget the other victim either.
It wasn't only the one family who suffered.

I claim that the Thai media, including this website, has a duty to report the facts.
Even if it is 'sensitive', it is important.
It's not so much a matter of 'decency'; it's a matter of truthful and efficient reporting.

We'll never know the truth.
It's concealed.

By: Anonymous: You Should Be Ashamed () on Thursday, 30 December 2010 @ 07:40 PM ICT  
Anonymous: You Should Be Ashamed

Motorcycle Thailand - you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. But I guess you won't be !

Decency indeed ! You should be promoting motorcycle safety. There you are posting a news article about checking your bike before riding it . . . check the chain tension, the brke pads etc to be SAFE. Riders involved in the World Circuit must set the example for 'ordinary' riders. Kids (and adults) in Thailand lack the road safety (and general) education that would have them wearing helmets as a matter of practice EVERY time they get on a bike. Just like wearing seat-belts front and back every time they get in a vehicle. Look at the 8 people thrown OUT OF THE VAN and OVER THE WALL of the expressway the other night. With seat-belts on I dare say the majority of them would not have died.

For the sake of the kids who will ride bikes in the years to come you guys. Promote rider safety or close down your site.

When you decide to start up a public forum website like this you take on a responsiblity to the public. Just like Facebook has a responsibility to protect the privacy of it's users, you have a responsibiity to promote rider safety. Don't post tips on safety one day then quote your "decency" the next. What, you wanna be popular with "Film" by not criticizing him? Gonna get more hits on your site that way? Good on you. But pathetic.

He has a huge responsibility as a World Class rider to set the standard for the 'kids' to follow. He let hmself down (if not wearing one, which not proven), and he let the people of Thailand down. If so, he should be ashamed of himself, and so should you. Just like FI drivers doing burn-outs in the car park at Aussie Grand Prix. Gotta set yourself a higher standard than that. Boring I know, but they get their fun ON the track.

That death of Film's friend was no accident. Film's friend would likely still be alive today if he had been wearing a helmet. Film knows it. So do you.

Shame on you.

it's not too late to change. Apologise; put it right. An editorial from you stating your position as supporting the wearing of helmets AT ALL TIMES and criticizing any and all who do not, regardless of their status (cannot name anyone, as not proven). You will then be forgiven.

Film should think about doing the same thing. PM Abhisit (not everyone's favorite person, I know) is seeking ways to reduce the huge road toll in Thailand. Film getting on TV to tell everyone to wear their helmets so what happened to him and his friend won't happen to them could go a long way towards helping that !

Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:55 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

MotoGP 2012