By: Anonymous: Ben ()  Thursday, 10 November 2011 @ 09:28 AM ICT (Read 3115 times)  

On another forum you mentioned that Honda Thailand will launch the Honda NC700X and NC700S DCT in Thailand, why does Honda Thailand make some ridiculous motorcycles?

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 10 November 2011 @ 09:47 AM ICT  

I would not call the new Honda NC700 series ridiculous, sure they are not for somebody who is looking for a sportsbike. But for everyday commuter motorcycle I can see some benefits, especially when Honda can get the price right, one of the biggest benefits is that the Honda NC700 will use just over 3 liters fuel to do 100km. Compared to the Kawasaki Ninja 650R which needs something like 5.2 liters to travel 100km.

Another benefit is the dual-clutch, sometimes, with my 1000cc, I'm stuck in traffic like a car... and using the clutch to move a few meters can be uncomfortable after 15 minutes... But how many time that happens...

Anyway I think that Honda will find enough buyers for the Honda NC700 in Thailand. Especially because of the mindset of Thai people, in Thailand most two-wheelers sold now-a-day are automatics, or semi-automatics. Only 51 horsepower, true, but as I said before the NC700 will not be for the sportsbike buyers. Doing city traffic and some weekend trips outside town would be okay...

Also I didn't say that the Honda NC700 would be launched in Thailand, I was talking about a 670cc twin-cylinder engine which according to strong rumors will be manufactured in Thailand...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association