Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, August 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda NC700X and NC700S DCT in Thailand
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Ben ()  Thursday, November 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM ICT (Read 2206 times)  
Anonymous: Ben

On another forum you mentioned that Honda Thailand will launch the Honda NC700X and NC700S DCT in Thailand, why does Honda Thailand make some ridiculous motorcycles?

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, November 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM ICT  
Richard

I would not call the new Honda NC700 series ridiculous, sure they are not for somebody who is looking for a sportsbike. But for everyday commuter motorcycle I can see some benefits, especially when Honda can get the price right, one of the biggest benefits is that the Honda NC700 will use just over 3 liters fuel to do 100km. Compared to the Kawasaki Ninja 650R which needs something like 5.2 liters to travel 100km.

Another benefit is the dual-clutch, sometimes, with my 1000cc, I'm stuck in traffic like a car... and using the clutch to move a few meters can be uncomfortable after 15 minutes... But how many time that happens...

Anyway I think that Honda will find enough buyers for the Honda NC700 in Thailand. Especially because of the mindset of Thai people, in Thailand most two-wheelers sold now-a-day are automatics, or semi-automatics. Only 51 horsepower, true, but as I said before the NC700 will not be for the sportsbike buyers. Doing city traffic and some weekend trips outside town would be okay...

Also I didn't say that the Honda NC700 would be launched in Thailand, I was talking about a 670cc twin-cylinder engine which according to strong rumors will be manufactured in Thailand...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 12:34 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,370 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER