By: Anonymous: Matty ()  Saturday, 27 March 2010 @ 07:54 AM ICT (Read 3295 times)  

Actually this bike is just a daytona 675 with the fairing removed, down graded suspension and brakes ant those very ugly bug eye headlights which spoil the look of the bike ( the ugly headlights is why i chose a CB600 Hornet )
Dont get me wrong this is a very good handling and high performance naked bike but its so damn ugly...

----------------------------------------------------------
This posting was original posted as a comment for article The Triumph Street Triple, a Remarkable Machine

By: Anonymous: anonymous ()  Saturday, 27 March 2010 @ 07:56 AM ICT  

No its not, different ergonomics, subframe, exhaust, cranks, ECU, more torque and of course different looks. It looks more traditional, more like a hooligan than an athlete. And that's why I personally think is the nicest naked in its class out there. The brakes and suspension are not of racetrack quality simply because its not for the racetrack, its a ROADSTER, but if you want racetrack suspension and brakes get the Street Triple R.....

By: Anonymous: matty4u ()  Saturday, 27 March 2010 @ 09:15 AM ICT  

I agree it has a different subframe and crank and a reprogrammed ecu as well as different riding position.
From all road tests ive read on this bike the engine is fantastic with a wide torque and power spread making it the most powerful of the 600cc class (altho it is 675cc )
But looks are a bikes greatest selling point and this bike does not look attractive the engine and frame look like a plumber on drugs created it and the front end with those awful headlights , What were they thinking.
A street fighter headlight and cowl would have made it look so much better.
I know this bike is a great performer
Its the looks of the bike where it fails big time.

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 28 March 2010 @ 09:48 AM ICT  

The thing with looks, style, and taste is that everybody has its own idea. I bet that if we make a poll about the looks and style of the Triumph Street Triple we get equal points for good and bad.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association