Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, July 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Buying and Selling >  Buying a Motorcylce New Topic Post Reply
 Honda PCX
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: slowtempo ()  Friday, September 18 2009 @ 05:09 AM ICT (Read 12383 times)  
Anonymous: slowtempo

Hi guys, I will be arriving in Thailand in a few weeks and will be looking to get myself a bike for getting around. I have just seen a lot of news about the new Honda PCX. Has anyone ridden one of these yet and does anyone know the price and the best place to get one from? I will be staying in Hua Hin.

Many thanks.

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, September 18 2009 @ 05:22 AM ICT  
Richard

Hi Slowtempo,

The official sales of the Honda PCX 125 will start in November, I belief that about 30 days or less before the official sales date you will see reviews of this motorcycle/scooter show up in the media.

So you have to wait a bit more...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

Profile Email    
By: slowtempo (offline)  Friday, September 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM ICT  
slowtempo

Thanks Richard.

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: veldenz ()  Monday, January 04 2010 @ 08:49 AM ICT  
Anonymous: veldenz

hi,

have somebody an idea where I can download an english manual for my new honda pcx 125 scooter.

Scoot-On

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, January 04 2010 @ 10:34 AM ICT  
Richard

The Honda PCX 125i scooter will go on sale in the USA and most European countries next month, so I believe you chances to get a English or even German or Spanish manual are looking pretty good....Thai Bike

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: George in Chiang Mai ()  Saturday, January 09 2010 @ 02:44 PM ICT  
Anonymous: George in Chiang Mai

On the right grip there is a switch that appears to be a on/off switch for the "engine off at temp stop". At 2 Honda dealers, neither could explain the switch purpose , in English or Thai.
I think it allows you to turn the "idle engine" on or off but I am not sure.I am currently riding a Honda Click and would like tyo pass my Click on to a Thai friend and purchase the PCX.
Any info out there?? Thx, George

By: Richard (offline)  Saturday, January 09 2010 @ 02:49 PM ICT  
Richard

The switch is indeed for turning off the engine stop-idle function... The Honda PCX is a marvelous machine

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: george in chiangmai ()  Monday, January 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM ICT  
Anonymous: george in chiangmai

OK Richard, my next question about the PCX. Just how does the PCX start up when you have the "idle " switch on at a stop light?? Thx

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, January 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM ICT  
Richard

The throttle on the Honda PCX is completely computer/electronic controlled, not like carburettor motorcycles/scooters where a wrist movement actually opens something mechanical in the carburettor. For the fully computer controlled Honda PCX nothing mechanical opens or closes when you open the throttle. A electronic sensor registers the position of the throttle and signals the ECU, the ECU controls the fuel-injection and the Alternative-Current Cell starter-motor which is powerful enough to start the engine before you can actual notice it – it is indeed very difficult to hear that the engine restarts because the starter motor is remarkable without sound...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Joe ()  Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 10:40 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Joe

I just got myself a pcx a great bike . I only problem is the service guys seem to not know to much about the new technology and the video they give you is all in Thai.

I have ordered a English version from Bangkok they say it will be delivered to Pattaya this week . Free I hope Thai Bike .

By: Anonymous: 125% Waving ()  Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM ICT  
Anonymous: 125% Waving

I can remember the first time I went for service for my girlfriend's Honda Wave 125i, also a fuel-injection motorcycle, the mechanics were really wondering what to do with that weird looking carburettor (which of course wasn't a carburettor).

This was a few years ago, currently most Honda dealers know what fuel-injection is, Honda is one of the few manufacturers which educates its “dealer” service mechanics. Road Cruise

By: Anonymous: keekwai ()  Sunday, August 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM ICT  
Anonymous: keekwai

Quote by: veldenz

hi,

have somebody an idea where I can download an english manual for my new honda pcx 125 scooter.

Scoot-On

I finally tracked one down. It's split into 3 PDF files .. so I popped them into a ZIP and uploaded it to my website.

Here's the link ..

Honda PCX User Manual English

Cheers

New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 03:32 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 2,786 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER