Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, August 18 2014 @ 01:07 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance New Topic Post Reply
 CBR 170cc DOHC bore up
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: reisan ()  Sunday, February 02 2014 @ 08:04 AM ICT  
Anonymous: reisan

Quote by: 770

Quote by: reisan

Quote by: 770

did you try to remove the o2 sensor lambda, since you have autotune there is no need for the o2 sensor.
the cbr 150 cost around ecu is 160usd here and injector is 55usd

I have ordered cbr150 ECU and throttle body now. I have unplugged the original O2 sensor. I am using the PowerCommander autotune O2 sensor to make the fuel mapping correct and to see that my bike gets the correct AFR.

okay good, whats yout top speed? mine normal is around 172-173kph but gps holux records it around 146-147kph Sad

I haven't received the parts yet, but originally a CBR125 runs max at 120-125km but that is when you are laying down.

By: Anonymous: reisan ()  Monday, February 03 2014 @ 07:11 PM ICT  

i want to experiment with throttle bodies, for cbr 250 throttble body is cheap and available, i wonder if the sensors on the 250 throtlebody fits with the 150, the injector connectors seems different

By: 770 (offline)  Tuesday, February 11 2014 @ 03:20 AM ICT  

I have installed the CBR150 throttle body and 150 ECU now. When using the 150 ECU it wouldn't start. I think we can now confirm it has to be something different with the wire harness since the 150 ECU wont work. When using the 125 ECU and and 150 throttle body, it runs at idle. But I'd still have to twist the throttle while holding in the electric starter to make it start.

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
By: 770 (offline)  Wednesday, February 12 2014 @ 10:56 PM ICT  

There is a white painted screw called a idle screw (in the manual) on the throttle body that adjusts how much the butterfly closes at 0% throttle. Since I have to give it a little throttle when starting it, do you think making the butterfly stay a little bit open at 0% throttle would work? Or would that make the rest of the injection system get weird? Here is a pic:

http://postimg.org/image/50rog0t73/

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: 770 (offline)  Thursday, February 13 2014 @ 01:28 AM ICT  

Now the bike starts sometimes and the first time I started it today the RPM went up and down, between 1500 to 2000 RPM (cold start). When giving it a little throttle it stalls, at around 4000 RPM even though the AFR was quite good. Later it idled precisely at 1500 RPM.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHWMIVaxlGc

Im not sure if the CBR150 throttle body has a compatibility issue with CBR125 ECU. If that is true, I think it maybe will work with a adjusted idle on a CBR125 throttle body with CBR150 injector.

Or

Change to a CBR150 wire warness and use the CBR150 Throttle body and ECU. But i'm not sure if the PowerCommanderV is compatible, I've seen a Indonesian dyno shop use a Powercommander on their CBR150 but I'm not sure if they did some extensive modification to make it work. (Dynojet does not make PCV for CBR150).

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: reisan ()  Tuesday, February 25 2014 @ 10:14 PM ICT  

do you have any mil blinks? if you try to start the start for 10seconds it will blink short and long blinks that correspond to an error code and what sensor problem you have.
that is the idle preload in the picture, i did try to adjust mine higher it will just run erratic, at idle you get 1500rpm and if you start running iwth it the idle goes up to 2000-3000rpm, maybe because the sensor tps is reading that its not in the closed position, even if there is no idle with a little help with the throttle the bike should fire up.
there is a way to reset the tps sensor back to zero, its in the service manual of cbr250/125 look it up.
if still it wont start, check for spark, check for fuel, if both is okay it could be ignition timing i dont know if the flywheel timing sensor match up with the timing in the ecu.

By: 770 (offline)  Saturday, March 01 2014 @ 06:59 PM ICT  

do you have any mil blinks? if you try to start the start for 10seconds it will blink short and long blinks that correspond to an error code and what sensor problem you have.
that is the idle preload in the picture, i did try to adjust mine higher it will just run erratic, at idle you get 1500rpm and if you start running iwth it the idle goes up to 2000-3000rpm, maybe because the sensor tps is reading that its not in the closed position, even if there is no idle with a little help with the throttle the bike should fire up.
there is a way to reset the tps sensor back to zero, its in the service manual of cbr250/125 look it up.
if still it wont start, check for spark, check for fuel, if both is okay it could be ignition timing i dont know if the flywheel timing sensor match up with the timing in the ecu.

I have opened the throttle body 4% because it when original it stalled when letting the throttle. It is now just harder to start when cold but that is not a big issue, once it gets warms it runs quite well and starts fine. I have so far reached 120 km/h on 8000 RPM. It can go faster but I havent tried yet because it needs to "break-in".

On the CBR 150 ECU the stator part numbers were different, so its quite possible the magnetic flywheel is also different, which would probably mean different timing.

my current setup now.

CBR125 throttle body with 4% adjusted on the idle screw. (CBR125 and CBR150 throttle bodies are the same)
CBR 150 injector
PowerCommander V
AutoTune
Danmoto GP titanium power exhaust

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Ashton ()  Sunday, March 02 2014 @ 11:54 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Ashton

I can tell you that there are a number of changes between the old CBR 150R and new one, which might be of issue in your project (or not).

The old 150 has a timing system with a long timing "strip" on the outside with a gap, whereas the new 150 has smaller timing notches/teeth incremented around the flywheel with one missing (presumably to give reference to current crank position).

The new stator and flywheel are larger, using a three-phase charging system, as opposed to the old single phase.

There is no secondary air injection in the new one, but there is an evaporative emissions control canister from the fuel tank.

Those would be the main differences that may or may not affect your project, but I have a feeling that there should be similarities between your injected 125 and the new 150. The old 150 was carb'd, so control of its systems was more low-tech.

Hope that helps you.

New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 01:07 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,363 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER