Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda CRF250L performance upgrade
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: rgon ()  Tuesday, July 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM ICT  
Anonymous: rgon

back reading, there is a discussion that a CBR250 ECM can be installed to a CRF250L to improve its performance.
can someone help me to understand the improvement once a CBR250 ECM installed to a CRF250L? has someone tried it already?

1. would it increase top speed?
2. would it increase horsepower?
3. how about longevity of the engine, would it degrade in the long run?

thank you for your time and effort.
rgon

By: Anonymous: Brad ()  Friday, July 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Brad

Speaking of upgrades. Is there a Thai source for Supermoto wheels for the CRF-L? I've seen a bike floating around on the net that appears to have cbr250 wheels mounted, anyone know what's involved?

By: hockeyrick (offline)  Saturday, July 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM ICT  
hockeyrick

Quote by: a

How much is the cbr250 ecu in Thailand? If cheap enough, I'd be interested in plugging one in to see how it feels!

PS: Why is the captcha case sensitive???!!! These things are already difficult enough. Here goes attempt 7 or 8! Next time I won't bother...

Quote by: ThaiDesign

Quote by: Bill

I was told by a Thai motorbike mechanic that I could improve the performance of my Honda CRF250L by using a stock Honda CBR250R ECU module?

Is this true, will my CRF250L perform better with a standard Honda CBR250R ECU?

It's possible that the ECU module from a Honda CBR250R has a positive influence on the performance of the Honda CRF250L.

The Honda CRF250L comes standard with a 36mm throttle body, while the Honda CBR250R comes with a 38mm throttle body. The ECU module for the Honda CBR250R has a richer and more aggressive fuel map than the ECU used on the Honda CRF250L.

If you want to try to improve the performance of your Honda CRF250L you can order the Honda CBR250R ECU with article number 38770-KYJ-9019015-102488. The original “Thai” ECU for the Honda CRF250L has as article number 38770-KZZ-9018983-100028

If you want to go full swing you can also replace the 36mm throttle body on the CRF250L, with the 38mm throttle body from the Honda CBR250R, the Keihin 38mm throttle body used on the CBR250R is a Keihin GQ9JA. While Honda is using a Keihin GQ32A throttle body on the Honda CRF250L. The Keihin GQ9JA and Keihin GQ32A use a different injection cap, so it's very likely that you need to replace the injector (or use the injector cap from the GQ32A on the GQ9JA).

People living in Europe or the USA who want a bit more kick out of there CBR250R or CRF250L can also order this from Thai Honda dealers (the Thai ECU is 100% fully unrestricted).

The single best performance item is the EJK controller at $225 USD
I have done many upgrades to my CRF, the cbr has a different powerband, do you want a streetbike or a dual purpose bike???
message me if interested
Thumper Talk has a ton on crf 250L stuff
hockeyrick
at
hotmail

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
By: hockeyrick (offline)  Saturday, July 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM ICT  
hockeyrick

Quote by: Brad

Speaking of upgrades. Is there a Thai source for Supermoto wheels for the CRF-L? I've seen a bike floating around on the net that appears to have cbr250 wheels mounted, anyone know what's involved?

There are tons here, most in CM, on Fb , everywhere

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: hockeyrick (offline)  Saturday, July 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM ICT  
hockeyrick

Quote by: news

I do not think that Honda has used another ECU for the CRF250M, but to be sure you need to wait until 30 January, as Honda will display the CRF250M at the 2013 Bangkok Motorbike Fest in Bangkok. This will be the first time that we can get close enough to check it.

its the exact same bike except for retard, I mean motard wheelsets.

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: hockeyrick (offline)  Saturday, July 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM ICT  
hockeyrick

Quote by: Brent

Great Information! I want to try the ECU on my 250L! But how would one get ahold of the Thai ECU when located in the United States?
My basic search's have left me empty handed on how to get ahold of the 13' CBR ECU.

Before u go spending ur money, I think the EJK controller is the best bet, completely set up for the L, not a streetbike controller

be wise, do you really want a street bike, powerband is different, not the same as the L

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 07:34 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,402 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER