31 posts :: Page 2 of 3
By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 30 March 2012 @ 11:52 AM ICT  

It's fun guessing about release dates and prices.
My guess is that AP Honda will slightly undercut the KLX, hoping to make very high profit margin.
I believe the bike is worth 120,000, but will sell for 140,000. We'll see.

The number that matters to me is that 147kg weight!

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 03 April 2012 @ 08:14 AM ICT  

The Honda CRF250L Supermoto as displayed by Honda at the 2012 Bangkok Motorshow.

2012 Honda CRF250L Supermoto

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 04 April 2012 @ 09:29 PM ICT  

For the people who where wondering why we did not see any folder for the Honda CRF250L at the 33rd Bangkok International Motorshow... The folders printed had a few critical errors and all where rejected...

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: racer ()  Thursday, 05 April 2012 @ 02:06 PM ICT  

Maybe the Honda CRF250L has a SOHC valves? The Honda CBR150Ri has DOHC, but the Honda CBR125Ri has SOHC valves

By: Anonymous: xXx ()  Monday, 09 April 2012 @ 05:45 PM ICT  

The Honda CRF250L has 4-valves, which is an indication that they are using the DOHC (Dual overhead camshaft).

By: Anonymous: EX ()  Monday, 09 April 2012 @ 07:17 PM ICT  

What is the difference between SOHC and DOHC?

By: news (offline)  Monday, 09 April 2012 @ 08:30 PM ICT  

Quote by: EX

What is the difference between SOHC and DOHC?

To answer your question about the difference between SOHC and DOHC, I would like to advice you to read the following article we wrote some time ago. SOHC or DOHC, which is better and how do they Work.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 15 April 2012 @ 09:09 AM ICT  

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced the start of sales in Japan on May 14, 2012, of a new 250cc on/off-road model, the Honda CRF250L, which offers an agile ride in a wide range of riding environments from urban to off road riding.

Click on image to openClick on image to open
Under the slogan, “‘New On & Off Gear, your right buddy on the road’ to make ‘On’ (daily life) more convenient and ‘Off’ (weekends) more enjoyable,” the development team, by pursuing total balance and driving stability to the utmost, created a vehicle that enables a broad spectrum of users from beginners to experienced riders to enjoy the sheer fun of handling the machine.

The Honda CRF250L is powered by a liquid-cooled 250cc 4-stroke DOHC single-cylinder engine with powerful output in the low-to-mid rpm range. Low-friction technologies including an offset cylinder are also employed to realize the excellent fuel efficiency of 44.3 km/L (measured at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a level road).

A newly-designed frame makes use of the steel twin-tube structure to offer the rider a nimble ride while ensuring both agility and stability. In addition, an agile, high-performance run-through ability in a wide range of situations from urban riding to off road is realized through the adoption of an inverted suspension with a 250mm cushion stroke for the front and the Pro-Link suspension with 240mm of axle travel for the rear.

Styling has been refined to be sharper and more aggressive while inheriting the basic concept of Honda’s CRF motocrosser series, resulting in a design that asserts a Honda identity fitting for a new-era CRF. Customers are offered a choice of two color schemes: Extreme Red to present an aggressive image or Ross White for those who wish to impart a cool image.

Main Features of the Honda CRF250L

• Engine
    The engine aims for powerful output that can be handled with equal ease on on-road and off-road. While achieving powerful torque from the low rpm range to high, the Honda CRF250L’s engine also boasts output characteristics expressing the smooth rev-up that typifies a liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC engine. The Programmed Fuel Injection System (PGM-FI*), the O2 sensor, catalyzer fitted inside the muffler, and the newly applied low-friction technologies embedded in such components as the offset cylinder and the roller rocker arm all form a synergy that delivers high environmental performance along with excellent fuel efficiency of 44.3 km/L (measured at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a level road).
  • Vehicle body/suspension
    The newly-designed frame makes use of a steel twin-tube design to offer a nimble ride while ensuring both agility and stability, and the oval cross-sectional shape of the main pipe helps boost rigidity while enabling a slim vehicle body. The inverted front suspension employs a Separate Function Front Fork having an inner tube diameter of 43mm and a cushion stroke of 250mm in a design that secures both light weight and high rigidity to deliver excellent operability and high driving stability. The aluminum monoblock cast swing arm yields high strength and proper rigidity balance and is paired with a Pro-Link rear suspension having 240mm of axle travel providing the rider with impressive agility and high road-holding capability from urban riding to off road.
  • Styling
    Styling has been refined into a sharper and more aggressive tone while inheriting the concept of “centralized mass with triangular proportions,” a key feature and basic principle of Honda’s CRF motocrosser series. This design asserts a Honda identity befitting the CRF for a new era. A surface encompassing tank shrouds, side covers, and a rear fender has been made flush to project an even sharper image. Meanwhile, the muffler cover and tool box on the left side add accent to the design by forming a shape reminiscent of a side racing number plate. The body comes in one of two colors, Extreme Red featuring a red seat to impose an aggressive image and Ross White with a silver seat to emanate a sense of coolness.
  • Key equipment
    - A headlight visor that enhances a tough and muscular look and a multi-reflector headlight (60/55 W) with superb visibility
    - A multifunctional digital meter that incorporates a fuel meter, a clock, and trip/odometer
    - Skid plates that prevent mud, flying gravel, and other elements from damaging the engine
    - A handle turning angle that extends to 45° on both left and right in a design made for maneuverability
    - Cargo hooks in the rear fender section to make loading convenient
    - Fuel tank with a capacity of 7.7 liters
Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 01:11 AM ICT  

I called in to the Chiang Mai Honda dealer today, the one who had earlier told me that the 250L would be on sale by April 16th.
Talked to the Manager.
'Guess what? 'Don't know' when the bike will be available.
'Don't know' how much it will cost.

Rather pathetic APe Honda.
Meanwhile, the KLX is looking very tempting.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 07:04 AM ICT  

The Honda CRF250L will go on sale at local Honda dealers around mid May 2012, probably your Honda dealer was hoping that it would come available after the Bangkok Motor show.

I can understand that a Kawasaki KLX250 looks tempting, but the specifications of the Honda CRF250L would suggest that the suspension on the Honda CRF250L is superior to the stock Kawasaki suspension.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: DAVID ()  Saturday, 28 April 2012 @ 12:48 PM ICT  

I HAVE IT ON GOOD AUTHORITY THAT THE CRF250L WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM TUESDAY 2ND MAY AT THE (INFLATED) COST OF 138,000 BAHT.

By: Anonymous: DAVID ()  Wednesday, 02 May 2012 @ 03:55 PM ICT  

Correct.

The 250L is in dealers now; even in Chiang Mai!

Seems to be a slight variation in price from place to place, from 138,000 down a bit.

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 10 May 2012 @ 04:37 PM ICT  

There's a couple of privately owned CRF250Ls getting around Chiang Mai and at least one rental place has a few and is asking 1000 baht/day to rent them.

There is also talk that Honda is about to increase the price of the bike.
If this is true expect to pay 148,000 for one!

To me, this is a cynical and greedy move by AP Honda.
I would buy the Kawasaki KLX instead because even at 138,000 for the 250L the price is already inflated from what it should be.

I wonder if Motorcycle Thailand can confirm if the price is about to rise to the high 140s?
(no point me sending an email to Honda; they never respond!)

By: news (offline)  Friday, 11 May 2012 @ 07:48 AM ICT  

He David,

As you know it's hard to predict what APHonda is going to do with prices, but it's not uncommon that they will introduce new motorcycle models with a special introduction price...

If the Kawasaki KLX250 and Honda CRF250L would be identical in price I would probably still select the Honda CRF250L, simply because of the two the Honda has the best and most modern suspension.

Good suspension (forks and shock) is expensive, for example a good shock for a Kawasaki ER6N will quickly set you back 30,000 THB (if not more, depending on brand and model). It's one of the never-ending discussions between the commercial/marketing and designers/developers at a motorcycle manufacturer, will a end user be willing to pay a bit more for better suspension (safer motorcycle)....

Honda has the idea that they can make the CRF250L a bit more expensive as they have saved cost in developing the engine (the engine was already developed for the CBR250R). So with a more expensive front and rear suspension which on the aftermarket will almost set you back for something like 90,000 THB you get it standard on a CRF250L (surely Honda did not paid 90,000 THB ).

The only downside, comparing the Honda CRF250L with the Kawasaki KLX250 is that currently lots more aftermarket accessories are available for the Kawasaki. But, if we look at the local motorcycle stores today we can see that most now have more accessories for the Honda CBR250R than for the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. So I think something similar will also be happening with the Honda CRF250L... and not forget that most aftermarket stuff for the Honda CBR250R engine also works for the Honda CRF250L... so the CRF250L doesn't start with zero options...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Friday, 11 May 2012 @ 11:44 AM ICT  

Thanks for your reply in which some good points were made.

AP Honda introduced their 250L with an introductory price of 34,900 baht which, they say, will last one month and then the price will jump to 138,000 baht.
Rumours are dangerous, but adding an extra 10,000 baht onto that is pure cynical greed. Hope they don't.

Two concerns that are being expressed so far include;

1 non adjustable rear shock

2 only one fan for radiator

31 posts :: Page 2 of 3
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 170 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association