84 posts :: Page 5 of 6
By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Wednesday, 04 April 2012 @ 11:32 PM ICT  

Hi all,
I bought the pcx 150 the second day after they arrived. Apart from one instance of suddan and extreme braking on rough ground where I experienced a slight wobble,the bike handles well,brakes well,and mine doesn't make any noise or hums that are unusual or strange.
Generally,I am very pleased with the bikes handling and performance. The only problem is the difficulty finding the rear carrier base/ rack. I had ordered one...been told it would take 7 days,but after almost a month,I still got nothing. When I asked the dealer to call bangkok and find out if they had already sent one,she replied that noone can confirm this. Neither could they estimate when it might arrive. So I canccelled the order and set out riding around Thailand,checking all Honda dealers by the road if they have it in stock.After visiting about 50 dealersips,I still don't have it. Tomorrow morning I'm off to Pukhet.Apparently they are well stocked there,like Bangkok. Can anyone tell me where they have this accessory available in stock???
Verdict: Honda product is excellent,but after service and accessories availability almost non existant.For the largest bike maker and selller in Thai market,which has about 30 000 dealers in the country,not to have one piece of accessory available in stock in the whole country is ridiculous !.

Martin

By: andyc (offline)  Thursday, 05 April 2012 @ 05:46 AM ICT  

Quote by: Martin

Hi all,
I bought the pcx 150 the second day after they arrived. Apart from one instance of suddan and extreme braking on rough ground where I experienced a slight wobble,the bike handles well,brakes well,and mine doesn't make any noise or hums that are unusual or strange.
Generally,I am very pleased with the bikes handling and performance. The only problem is the difficulty finding the rear carrier base/ rack. I had ordered one...been told it would take 7 days,but after almost a month,I still got nothing. When I asked the dealer to call bangkok and find out if they had already sent one,she replied that noone can confirm this. Neither could they estimate when it might arrive. So I canccelled the order and set out riding around Thailand,checking all Honda dealers by the road if they have it in stock.After visiting about 50 dealersips,I still don't have it. Tomorrow morning I'm off to Pukhet.Apparently they are well stocked there,like Bangkok. Can anyone tell me where they have this accessory available in stock???
Verdict: Honda product is excellent,but after service and accessories availability almost non existant.For the largest bike maker and selller in Thai market,which has about 30 000 dealers in the country,not to have one piece of accessory available in stock in the whole country is ridiculous !.

Martin

You want to see it where i live you by a new Honda bike ,there is nothing to choose from ,i think they they cater for the Scooby i owners not the Pcx owners,a lot of the Thais also get there extras at the private shops as we know we will be charged more there than Honda,North East Thailand.

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Thursday, 05 April 2012 @ 08:42 AM ICT  

Quote by: Martin

,but after service and accessories availability almost non existent.]

The bike has been out what 3-4 weeks and you already want the aftermarket industry to have tooled up and start producing accessories. I think maybe a little understanding and patience is in order. Now if you are saying the rear rack attachment points are the same as the old 125 and still there is nothing available then that is different. If the attachment points are the same have you contacted GIVI?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: marcelw8@gmail.com ()  Thursday, 05 April 2012 @ 01:57 PM ICT  

i sell my pcx 125cc and i buy the pcx 150 price: 79500 bht , the performances are more better for acceleration , i cannot find the caracteristics of the pcx 150 : the weight , the speed , the brakes ...and the differences with the pcx 125

By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Friday, 06 April 2012 @ 12:19 AM ICT  

Hi, yes the rear rack mount for PCX 125 and 150 is the same. Thats why it is amazing that it is nowhere to be found. I am talking about the original Honda accessory. Just arrived in Phuket today and even the gigantic Honda dealership there doesnt have it !!!! What they do have,however, are the numerous,mostly useless colorful metal trinkets whose only purpose is a show -off. So,once again,Honda PCX is of great quality,but their customer service is the opposite.Hate to say it,but thats how it is.

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 06 April 2012 @ 09:45 AM ICT  

Most retailers anywhere in the world will stock products with a good market demand, if the local market demand that the Honda dealer has 'useless colorful metal trinkets' on stock then that is what he buys. As any business, your Honda dealers has likely a limited amount of money he can set aside to buy motorcycle/scooter accessories, so he buys what the market demands because he knows that he sells that within a reasonable time.

So if your Honda Motorcycle Dealer is concentrated on teenagers buying colored anodized aluminum blink parts, look for another dealer. It will sound a bit funny but I found that Honda dealers in a Chinese neighborhood are often less concentrated on teenagers, and have a more assorted stock of accessories... (but that is just my experience).

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Friday, 06 April 2012 @ 09:17 PM ICT  

Hi,
The rear rack for PCX 125 and 150 is the same fit. In case you are trying to buy a rear rack for your PCX and can't find it or don't wanna wait more than one month by odering one,I can broker it for you promptly for 1600 a piece.

Martin
marcap(at)centrum.sk

By: andyc (offline)  Sunday, 08 April 2012 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

I have had a look at a lot of web sites but cannot compare the 125 against the 150 pcx,any ideas,thanksConfused

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 08 April 2012 @ 06:26 PM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

I have had a look at a lot of web sites but cannot compare the 125 against the 150 pcx,any ideas,thanksConfused

We tested the Honda PCX150i, and we found that the Honda PCX150i accelerates much faster and keeps the powerband much longer, speeds of over 120km/h are reported as easily reachable. The top speed recorded during our test run was 110km/h; already an improvement of a few kilometers over the PCX125.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: martin ()  Sunday, 08 April 2012 @ 10:01 PM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

Hi, the PCX isn't that fast,but it does 120 km/h anytime and can cruise at 110 all the time. That's plenty unless you enjoy very fast riding in which case you should get a sportsbike.

It has plenty of power and accelerates very quickly..I am very happy with it. With a rear rack and a top box it is suitable for cruising anywhere.

By: Anonymous: updown ()  Friday, 25 May 2012 @ 05:56 AM ICT  

Anybody knows for what PCX stands for?

By: news (offline)  Friday, 25 May 2012 @ 07:57 AM ICT  

Quote by: updown

Anybody knows for what PCX stands for?

Honda PCX stands for Honda Personal Comfort Xaloon. Xaloon as in 'saloon'.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: SutusB25 (offline)  Tuesday, 26 June 2012 @ 09:29 PM ICT  

Started shopping around Pattaya for a PXC 150.
I went to 4 dealers and all 4 agreed that the performance of the 150 is only very slightly higher than the 125. Looking at the technical specs. of both I read engines stokes are the same. The 150 has a 6mm larger piston diameter. The compression ratio on the 150 is lower than the 125. This reduction reduces the load on the rest of the engine and transmission (and the power output). So the torque will hardly have changed -Hence the comments from the dealers.What has changed is the price.Originally 70000 Baht -now 795000 baht. A lot of extra money for a slightly larger piston. Not surprising that Honda do not publish performance data on the150 engine

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Big Guy (offline)  Tuesday, 26 June 2012 @ 09:53 PM ICT  

Quote by: SutusB25

Started shopping around Pattaya for a PXC 150.
I went to 4 dealers and all 4 agreed that the performance of the 150 is only very slightly higher than the 125. Looking at the technical specs. of both I read engines stokes are the same. The 150 has a 6mm larger piston diameter. The compression ratio on the 150 is lower than the 125. This reduction reduces the load on the rest of the engine and transmission (and the power output). So the torque will hardly have changed -Hence the comments from the dealers.What has changed is the price.Originally 70000 Baht -now 795000 baht. A lot of extra money for a slightly larger piston. Not surprising that Honda do not publish performance data on the150 engine

I understand where SutusB25 is coming from. The extra 9500 baht (US$293) for an additional 25cc of engine displacement hardly seems a fair trade. There will undoubtedly be an extension in engine longetivity and perhaps a small improvement in performance on hills, but is it worth an extra US$300? Any increase in top speed is probably a speed governor issue and not power related.

When we look at the bike from a marketing perspective though, it's already a high end of the 'normal' scooter range, so those who are wanting something a little extra over the standard Honda and Yamaha scooters are willing to pay extra. If you don't want to pay 79,000 baht for a scooter: don't! Buy a Wave, or Click, or Fino or Scoopy.

Where the PCX fails in a big way is the seat. It was supposed to be a 'world bike' for Asia, Europe and North America - but although the wheelbase, frame and capacity are superior to the 'normal' 125cc scooters, the ergonomics of the bike are definitely for Asian people. North Americans and Europeans are for the most part taller and heavier than Asians. The truth is that without modifications, the Wave is more comfortable to sit on than the PCX for anyone over 5 foot 9 inches.

Honda: Hear me! Get rid of that stupid hump and let the taller riders slide back a bit. The PCX could be so much more than it is with just a little tweaking that wouldn't cost anything on the production line.

Big Guy

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 June 2012 @ 09:54 PM ICT  

It's seems that Honda has stopped the sales of the PCX 125i, of course with the Honda PCX150i being nearly the same price, it would be a bit unlogic to sell them both. Honda is still producing the PCX125i for export to some countries.

Also, we uploaded the English owner's manual for the Honda PCX150i, see our download section Honda PCX150i Owner's Manual in English language.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

84 posts :: Page 5 of 6
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 156 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association