Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Friday, 23 November 2012 @ 12:18 AM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Manufacturers > Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 The Honda Scoopy-i
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 11:33 AM ICT (Read 4620 times)  
Anonymous: Anonymous

On a recent trip to Bangkok, I found my Tiger Boxer to be quite the pain in the rear when trying to weave among the cars on Sukhumvit. The turning radius is much too big, and I often had to just sit there as the little bikes squeezed between the cars this way and that, making slight progress while I made none. The little Thai scooter-like bikes clearly have their place. That said, the scoopy seems overpriced. Perhaps you should look at the more conservative/traditional lot of 125cc bikes running around 35,000 Baht.

This post was originally posted as a comment for article The Honda Scoopy-i, a 110cc Fuel-Injection Buzzy Scooter

By: ThaiDesign (offline) on Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 11:49 AM ICT  
ThaiDesign

Quote by: Anonymous; On a recent trip to Bangkok, I found my Tiger Boxer to be quite the pain in the rear when trying to weave among the cars on Sukhumvit. The turning radius is much too big, and I often had to just sit there as the little bikes squeezed between the cars this way and that, making slight progress while I made none. The little Thai scooter-like bikes clearly have their place. That said, the scoopy seems overpriced. Perhaps you should look at the more conservative/traditional lot of 125cc bikes running around 35,000 Baht.

The Honda Scoopy-i is not over priced? The Scoopy-i costs about the same as most other automatic scooters in Thailand.

Honda Scoopy-i price 43,300 Bht
Yamaha Fino price 44,500 Bht
Suzuki Jelato price 45,900 Bht

I looked at the competition Suzuki and Yamaha, Yamaha was quickly out of the picture the engine still uses a carburetor and modern fuels are a 'cannot'. And the Suzuki was more powerful, but I didn't want to buy a scooter for its power – therefore the cheapest choice within the selected style is the Honda Scoopy-i the cheapest you can buy.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +24

Profile Email   PM
By: Richard (offline) on Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 11:58 AM ICT  
Richard

Quote by: ThaiDesign

Quote by: Anonymous; On a recent trip to Bangkok, I found my Tiger Boxer to be quite the pain in the rear when trying to weave among the cars on Sukhumvit. The turning radius is much too big, and I often had to just sit there as the little bikes squeezed between the cars this way and that, making slight progress while I made none. The little Thai scooter-like bikes clearly have their place. That said, the scoopy seems overpriced. Perhaps you should look at the more conservative/traditional lot of 125cc bikes running around 35,000 Baht.

The Honda Scoopy-i is not over priced? The Scoopy-i costs about the same as most other automatic scooters in Thailand.

Honda Scoopy-i price 43,300 Bht
Yamaha Fino price 44,500 Bht
Suzuki Jelato price 45,900 Bht

I looked at the competition Suzuki and Yamaha, Yamaha was quickly out of the picture the engine still uses a carburetor and modern fuels are a 'cannot'. And the Suzuki was more powerful, but I didn't want to buy a scooter for its power – therefore the cheapest choice within the selected style is the Honda Scoopy-i the cheapest you can buy.

So instead of the usual who is the first to the lunch destination we now going for a scooter race? Scoopy-Doopy doo...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +9

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 02:02 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Anonymous

I don't speak to the merits of the bike compared to others, but considering how recently that sales began in Chiang Mai, I see many on the road. Would not be surprised if their sales were not cutting into Fino's. For an automatic, it must be cheap to fuel too.

Content generated in: 0.13 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 12:18 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

ABS Brakes on Sportsbikes? A Good Things or Not?

•  No, they add too much weight
  •  Yes, they're obviously a good thing
  •  Yes, as long you can turn them off
  •  No, I prefer the feel of normal brakes
  •  No, I don't need them
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 287 votes | 6 comments

Events

There are no upcoming events

What's New

Stories