Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, August 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 I purchased a new Honda PCX
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: idiote ()  Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM ICT  
Anonymous: idiote

Quote by: Hue

Has anyone tried shave/sanding .5-1mm off the drive face? This will push the belt higher, giving you more top speed.
Here's a "how to" I put together for my Ruckus/Zoomer. The CVTs of both scooters are really similar.
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 11&t=28287

The Constant Variable Transmission (CVT) on the Honda Ruckus follows the classic design that was introduced with the GY6, while the Honda PCX150 uses the V-Matic design, one of Honda latest designs to modernize CVT.

By: news (offline)  Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM ICT  
news

The seat of a scooter or motorcycle is often a topic for criticism, and how a seat feels is very personal – what works for me will maybe not work for somebody else. It would be very difficult to please everybody with a motorcycle/scooter seat.

Also, the bad experience with the saddle modifier has probably not made you much happier about the seat. But I know from experience that you can find enough of this seat modifying shops... I'm sorry that I cannot advice you on an address in Chiang Mai, but in Bangkok you can find several in Sutthisarn Rd.

For the rear shock, the Honda PCX was designed to handle 180kg as maximum load, and I have the feeling that the standard shocks for the Thai market are not as strong as they should be... Most of the people I know with a Honda PCX have replaced the stock rear shock with an aftermarket one (most of them selected YSS as alternative not sure if that is a pattern you should follow).

If the rear shock is leaking within the warranty period of your scooter you should go back to the Honda dealer and complain... For rebuilding / refilling stock shocks of a motorcycle in Thailand I have the feeling that its is more efficient to buy a good aftermarket one, it will probably cost similar and you will enjoy it more...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, May 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

Quote by: idiote

The Constant Variable Transmission (CVT) on the Honda Ruckus follows the classic design that was introduced with the GY6, while the Honda PCX150 uses the V-Matic design, one of Honda latest designs to modernize CVT.[

V-Matic is a name for the same system everyone else uses. The PCX 150 is basically no different than a PCX125 or a Fino or a Yamaha T-Max 530.

The only really different ones are the Suzuki Burgman and the BMW "scooter" which use hydraulic control, rather than centrifugal force.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: idiote ()  Wednesday, May 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM ICT  
Anonymous: idiote

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Quote by: idiote

The Constant Variable Transmission (CVT) on the Honda Ruckus follows the classic design that was introduced with the GY6, while the Honda PCX150 uses the V-Matic design, one of Honda latest designs to modernize CVT.[

V-Matic is a name for the same system everyone else uses. The PCX 150 is basically no different than a PCX125 or a Fino or a Yamaha T-Max 530.

The only really different ones are the Suzuki Burgman and the BMW "scooter" which use hydraulic control, rather than centrifugal force.

If the v-belt Continuously variable transmission is for every manufacturer the same why did Honda filled for a patent and was granted the patent. See the patent http://www.google.com/patents/EP1521017 ... CDQQ6AEwAA

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, May 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM ICT  
Flying Squirrel

According to the patent in the link above

This invention relates to a belt-type continuously variable transmission apparatus, and more particularly to a V-belt continuously variable transmission apparatus wherein the transmission gear ratio can be controlled by an electric actuator,

PCX does not have electrically controlled CVT.

I have up close experience with both PCX's and Click ( I have a PCX 125 variator half under my desk and I can tell you that regardless of what you think it is there is not basic difference between a PCX and a Click and a Fino et.al.

Sometimes there is no substitute for grease under the finger nails.

BTW I have after market variators now for all Thai made Honda models including Click 125 ESP, Zoomer-X etc.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 11:07 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,380 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER