By: Anonymous: MarkW. ()  Monday, 21 December 2009 @ 11:00 AM ICT (Read 3137 times)  

I am repairing a crash-damaged 2004 Honda CBR600RR. It's pretty much all back together and looking good. I bought a used set of clocks as the originals were damaged.

My problem is the used ones I bought show just over 17,000km. Is there any way I can get the kilometers changed? It's not like in the old days when you could just stick a drill on the speedo cable. I know it all sounds sneaky but the original clocks show the true kilometers and all the bike's paperwork back it up. I think it'll be easier to sell if the clocks read the true kilometers of the bike.

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 23 December 2009 @ 08:47 PM ICT  

There are places that do 'clock corrections', 'kilometer-corrections', or 'mileage correction'. For whatever reason people need the motorcycle-clocks changing on digital speedos, these places are mostly located in the neighborhood behind MBK (Mah Boon Krong) center in Bangkok.

It is remarkable that this district of Bangkok was one famous to foreigners to unlock SIM locked mobile phones, now they apparently upgraded and can turn back any digital speedos of motorcycles and cars.

Some of this shops do provide by courier services, you send them and they send back, some shop say they daily receive up to 20 clocks a day for alteration. It is not against the law in Thailand, and therefore this business is blooming. Recently I met a guy who was from Germany, traveling Thailand as holiday destination “I come often to Thailand, I let them turn back then clocks for my bikes for a few Euro's and back home the value of my bike is going up by 100s of Euro's”

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Joe ()  Sunday, 24 January 2010 @ 10:52 AM ICT  

Just leave the clocks alone keep the old once and explain .. . remember Karma not a good thing. Angel

Honesty is the best policy. Peace

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association