By: RODERICK (offline)  Wednesday, 09 December 2009 @ 07:41 PM ICT (Read 10900 times)  

SIR,I JUST WANT TO ASK IN BREAK-IN PROCESS WHAT IS THE PROPER SPEED AND THE CHANGING OF OIL.TNX

RODERICK

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Monday, 14 December 2009 @ 06:22 PM ICT  

The Honda CBR150R manual says for the running-in (or as you call it the break-in period)...

'Help assure your motorcycle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how your ride during the first 500 kilometers (300 miles).
During the running-in period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.'

During the running-in period you better not overload the maximum Honda CBR150R load capacity, which is 180kg.

Honda CBR

By: RODERICK (offline)  Tuesday, 15 December 2009 @ 01:12 AM ICT  

Quote by: Chris

The Honda CBR150R manual says for the running-in (or as you call it the break-in period)...

'Help assure your motorcycle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how your ride during the first 500 kilometers (300 miles).
During the running-in period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.'

During the running-in period you better not overload the maximum Honda CBR150R load capacity, which is 180kg.

Honda CBR

is there a speed limit in terms of break-in process as per in the manual of the honda could you give also the table of
changing of oil and oil filter.tnx

RODERICK

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Tuesday, 15 December 2009 @ 06:47 AM ICT  

Hello Roderick,

The only indication for speed in the Honda manual is "avoid full-throttle" for the first 500km.

After the running-in period I also changed the oil, normally you only need to change the oil about every 3,000km (the Honda manual gives a higher number).

The engine oil....

The Honda manual says;
Good engine oil has many desirable qualities. Use only high detergent, quality motor oil certified on the container to meet or exceed requirements for API Service Classification SE, SF or SG.

Viscosity:
Viscosity grade of engine oil should be based on average atmospheric temperature in your riding area.

-10c to 40c degree = 15W-40 or 15W-50
0c to 40cc degree = 20W-40 or 20W-50

By: RODERICK (offline)  Friday, 18 December 2009 @ 10:33 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chris

Hello Roderick,

The only indication for speed in the Honda manual is "avoid full-throttle" for the first 500km.

After the running-in period I also changed the oil, normally you only need to change the oil about every 3,000km (the Honda manual gives a higher number).

The engine oil....

The Honda manual says;
Good engine oil has many desirable qualities. Use only high detergent, quality motor oil certified on the container to meet or exceed requirements for API Service Classification SE, SF or SG.

Viscosity:
Viscosity grade of engine oil should be based on average atmospheric temperature in your riding area.

-10c to 40c degree = 15W-40 or 15W-50
0c to 40cc degree = 20W-40 or 20W-50

tnx, can u giv also the recommended brand name of oil.

RODERICK

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Friday, 18 December 2009 @ 10:56 PM ICT  

He Roderick,

If it comes to motor oil for your Honda CBR150R, and sure you not ride it as a granny-bike, we can give you only one advice buy the best motor-oil you can buy. Go for international known brands as Shell, Castrol, Motul, and etc.... never and I say NEVER buy motor-oil from Tesco-Lotus supermarket or other hypermarket superstore brand names... I will not even lubricate my chain with stuff you buy from supermarket or hypermarket home brands.

The CBR150R is a sport's bike engine, would you if you where a professional sports person eat fast-food as official dinner for a game?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association