By: Anonymous: Robert ()  Monday, 19 June 2017 @ 04:41 PM ICT (Read 555 times)  

I want to buy a scooter for getting around the the city and maybe even a bit beyond that. I looked around and the selection is the Honda PCX150 or the Yamaha Nmax 155, but I cannot make up my mind…

Which one is the smart choice, I selected 150cc as I like the extra power if gives.

Robert

By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Wednesday, 21 June 2017 @ 10:10 AM ICT  

Hi Robert,
while the Yamaha Nmax is a fine scooter, the PCX is much more comfortable on longer rides. You can stretch your legs much better on it than on the Nmax as it is. If you decide to re-pad your seat on the PCX so that the difference between pillion and driver seat height is less pronounced,you can slide further back on the seat and fully stretch your legs, just like you were riding on a chopper. Something you can never do on the Nmax.

I put a full GIVI windshield on mine and a topbox. The shield decreases wind resistance by around 30 % and thus naturally increases the top speed of the bike by at least 10km/h.
With the windshield on, I have been able to reach speeds over 120 km/h. That's faster than the Nmax too.
Hope this helps.

By: Anonymous: arguz ()  Thursday, 22 June 2017 @ 09:15 AM ICT  

Quote by: Robert

I want to buy a scooter for getting around the the city and maybe even a bit beyond that. I looked around and the selection is the Honda PCX150 or the Yamaha Nmax 155, but I cannot make up my mind…

Which one is the smart choice, I selected 150cc as I like the extra power if gives.

Robert

Both motorcycles are great but I would choose Yamaha. Why? because it has ABS brakes. Driving on two wheels without ABS brakes is not to recommend.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 22 June 2017 @ 10:30 AM ICT  

To be honest the Yamaha Nmax 155 is the best choice at the moment. As Arguz said before the Yamaha comes with ABS, which on a light scooter is something I would recommend. But the Yamaha Nmax 155 has more, it is also equipped with variable valve timing this really helps with fuel efficiency.

If you into performance, the stock Yamaha Nmax 155 is more powerful than the Honda PCX150. And because Yamaha uses the same engine for several ‘global’ models you can be sure that it would not take long before you can get modifying parts that change the 155cc variable-valve Yamaha engine into a powerful machine…

For the Honda PCX150, the current model is about 4 years old and the rumor is that the PCX150 will be replaced by the Honda Forza 150. Personally I have the idea that Honda will just upgrade the Honda PCX150...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Jim ()  Sunday, 16 July 2017 @ 02:43 PM ICT  

Also the latest Honda PCX150 has 149.3cc engine, it was with the previous model 152.9cc. So even less performance for the latest model.

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Monday, 17 July 2017 @ 06:40 AM ICT  

The Honda PCX150 performance compared to the Yamaha Nmax 155 is somewhat confusing. First the Yamaha Nmax is powered by a 155cc with Variable Valve Actuation offering almost 15 horsepower and 14.5Nm torque. The current Honda PCX150 is powered by a 149,3cc engine and compared to the previous 152,9cc Honda PCX150 engine delivers less performance.

Here is where it gets confusing as most people compare the Honda 152,9cc engine with the Yamaha 155cc engine. But the new Honda PCX150 doesn’t have that engine anymore.

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1