By: Anonymous: Kiusuke ()  Tuesday, 27 October 2015 @ 05:16 AM ICT (Read 731 times)  

Hello, i have a problem with my motorcycle. I did the usual stuff, warming the engine before riding it etc. After like 15minutes of riding the engine just died on me. The lights and horn work without any problems. I tried to push start it, it did not want to start that way. I took the battery out recharged it, checked the spark plug. The spark is Blue and sometimes mixed with red. The engine cranks but does not start. When i pull out the choke press the ON button and pull the gas i hear something like backfire in the exhaust, but only if i pull the gas without it there is no backfire. I checked the carb it is getting fuel. I checked the Fuse it is not blown or broken. What could be the problem?

I appreciate every kind of help.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 27 October 2015 @ 11:45 AM ICT  

Ride again for 15 mins. When it stops open the fuel tank. Does it hiss when you open? With the fuel tank open does it start normally?

The vent in the fuel filler cap is blocked.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 27 October 2015 @ 02:25 PM ICT  

Another problem, but much less likely, could be the exhaust pipe. The blocked fuel tank ventilation is much more likely and happens more often...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association