By: Anonymous: Kn..Joy ()  Monday, 19 October 2015 @ 08:05 PM ICT (Read 698 times)  

Thailand has so much free trade agreements, why I not see a lot of imports of Malaysia, Vietnamese, Indonesia and even Chinese made motorcycles on the Thai market

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 20 October 2015 @ 12:40 PM ICT  

The thing is that Thailand has the toughest exhaust emission rules in the region which makes it very difficult for motorcycle manufacturers from China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia to make any money.

The free trade agreement with India includes a exception for vehicles (which includes motorcycles). Motorcycles imported from India are still 60% import duty, it would be possible to reduce this by importing the motorcycles as parts and assemble them in Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Robert ()  Tuesday, 20 October 2015 @ 09:56 PM ICT  

As far as I know, importing a motorbike is so dear, one better buys what is available in Thailand.
Was in Trad at the registration office with my Cambodian registrated Honda FTR(2nd hand import from Japan) 2 month ago to ask if I could get Thai papers for it; the answer cannot, cars is possible.
But I did not ask customs how much duty i'd have pay, as I read their website. Import duty will be at least 100% of the original new value.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association