By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Monday, 28 September 2015 @ 06:58 PM ICT (Read 487 times)  

I happen to own a 2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000. I use it every day and for some touring over the weekend. The bike has 52,000km on the clock. Recently it's begun to shake its 'head' while slowing down, even worse when I take my hands of tire handlebars. The front tire is relatively new, so I don't think that's the problem either. I've been told that it could be the steering head bearing that might need replacing, so I placed the bike on main stand, pushed down on the back end, and there seems to be no excessive play or tight spots. Could you please give me any further information regarding the reason why it would do this, and thanks for your time to read this question?

By: Anonymous: Ronald ()  Monday, 28 September 2015 @ 07:40 PM ICT  

If you've checked the steering head bearing and you're happy that they're ok and the front tire isn't excessively worn I'd check out the rear tire.

If the tire is worn flat in the middle then that will definitely be the problem because the motorcycle doesn't know which direction to take. If you've fitted an oversized tire that would make matters even worse. I believe your motorcycle should have a 180-section tire on the rear.

If this doesn't rectify your problem it might pay to think about fitting a steering damper.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association