By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Saturday, 12 September 2015 @ 03:42 PM ICT (Read 851 times)  

An acquaintance was looking at a Benelii TNT300. I had not seen this bike before and was curious. As it is made in India all the comparisons and test i could find were Indian. They compared the TNT to Duke 390 and Ninja 300.

One reviewer surprised me when he said in India the KTM Duke 390 is cheaper than the TNT. By quite a lot. Both made in India.
I understand importing and taxes and that the KTM is 70cc bigger than the TNT

So why, when we get a deal on the TNT at about 23,000 Baht cheaper than in India, is the KTM almost 137,000 baht more expensive than in India.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 12 September 2015 @ 04:24 PM ICT  

The Benelli TNT300 is made in China, and the Thai distributor currently imports the motorcycles completely assembled. While the KTM Duke 390 is correctly manufactured in India, and shipped to Thailand as CKD (Complete Knock Down) kits and assembled in Thailand.

Also a few parts used for the KTM Duke 390 are sourced locally, tires, chain and a few more parts… But not enough to seriously influence the price...

India and China have both a free-trade agreement with Thailand, but, the Chinese agreement includes vehicles while the Indian agreement excludes vehicles… Making Indian imported motorcycles pretty expensive compared to a Chinese made counterpart...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 13 September 2015 @ 02:48 PM ICT  

I found another wrinkle but doesn't quite explain the Benelli difference between India and Thailand.

Cheaper Tires:

India 120/70 160/60 (Option 110/70 150/60 )

Thailand 11/70 14/70

Doesn't make 23,000 but we still get a deal.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association