By: jdwilko (offline)  Sunday, 06 September 2015 @ 03:36 PM ICT (Read 1670 times)  

Hi
Just purchased an evopower performance chip for my joymax 300i , i have fitted it underneath my luggage box and just need to connect some wires .Anyone know what the intake air temperature sensor , and the oxygen sensors in the exhaust x2 look like and where they are ???

jdwilko

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 07 September 2015 @ 01:25 PM ICT  

JD,

Where did you buy it? Didn't it come with instructions?

The air temp sensor if there is one will be in the throttle body and the O2 sensor will either be in the head like a PCX or on the exhaust front pipe.

EDIT: Do you mean Memjet Evo?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: jdwilko (offline)  Monday, 07 September 2015 @ 02:05 PM ICT  

Hi
I found them now thanks , i bought it from magnumtuning .com in america , it gives you 6 % fuel efficency saving and 15% extra HP.

jdwilko

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 07 September 2015 @ 02:25 PM ICT  

It fools the ECU into thinking you are in a cooler environment and richens up the mixture. Likewise the O2 sensor is fooled into thinking the mixture is leaner than it is.

Please let us know all about your HP improvement and improved fuel economy. Do you already have aftermarket exhaust etc.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: jdwilko (offline)  Monday, 07 September 2015 @ 05:58 PM ICT  

Hi
No i just have the standard exhaust .

jdwilko

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 07 September 2015 @ 10:37 PM ICT  

Then sadly you won't get much at all. The only thing these cheater boxes do is to , maybe , compensate for the compromises made by the designers for the sake of emission controls. You will find the mid range ride-ability is better but not much more. If you have an aftermarket exhaust which allows the engine to breath better the cheater box will allow for an increase in fuel which will help optimize the AFR to the new requirement but the exhaust will be the provider of any extra power., not the box.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 09 September 2015 @ 09:37 AM ICT  

While I will agree that fueling system cheater boxes are likely to improve performance, but I have a hard time warping my head around the claims that it will improve on fuel efficiency. Because in most cases if you improve performance the fuel consumption go's up.

Motorcycle/scooter manufacturer normally will set the fueling system for enough power with a good fuel efficiency, that produces an acceptable exhaust emission what is basically a compromise… to try to keep everybody happy.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Pataya ()  Sunday, 13 September 2015 @ 12:38 AM ICT  

I want to buy a maxi scooter, but why would I buy a Sym 300cc scooter while Honda is offering a 300cc scooter for only a bit more...?

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Sunday, 13 September 2015 @ 08:57 AM ICT  

Engine technical the Sym GTS 300i EVO has the leading edge over the Honda Forza 300i. Sym uses ceramic lining in its cylinder which reduces the friction a lot, and we all know friction is energy lost, Honda compensate the power lose with a bit bigger cylinder capacity....

Still the Sym GTS 300i EVO has more horsepower....

Sym GTS 300i EVO ….......................... 29 horsepower.
Honda Forza 300i …............................ 24 horsepower

It's possible that the Honda produce less power, as the 24 horsepower is based on information from Honda (manufacturers often claim higher performance than actual 3th party testers find.) The 29 horsepower of the Sym GTS 300i EVO is based on tests done by the popular English motorcycle magazine Visordown.

My vote goes to the Sym the current version has a better motor than the Honda. So grunt is a bit more.
Of course if one is more worried about resale than riding the Honda will probably be worth more after 3 years.

from here Sym GTS 300i EVO vs Honda Forza 300.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association