By: Anonymous: Samual ()  Wednesday, 29 July 2015 @ 05:45 PM ICT (Read 1199 times)  

I want to import a new motorcycle, from the US, as it's not available in Thailand. How much TAX and import duty do I have to pay?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 30 July 2015 @ 01:05 PM ICT  

The first thing you need to think about is how much experience do I have importing something into Thailand. If the answer is no experience, you should forget about importing a motorcycle.

You probably aware that you cannot import any secondhand motorcycle into Thailand. With this in mind, how do you going to proof to the Thai authorities that the motorcycle you import as a private person is new? Just because the motorcycle is the latest model and is still in plastic and shipping box on its original transport pallet is for the Thai authorities no proof that the motorcycle is new.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: mind out ()  Tuesday, 06 October 2015 @ 01:11 PM ICT  

The last comment about importing a bike to thailand is crap
you can import ANY bike wether you are the first owner or not but be aware it will cost you 200,000 baht for import tax what ever the bike is . Then you have to pay additional fees for shipping landing handleing cost,s is your bike worth that much to you YOU may ask how i know ? i wanted to bring my 15month old honda integra from australia as i wanted to sell it in australia and i was only asking $8000 (dollars aussie ) bad timming of year. so in all if i wanted to bring my bike it woud have owed me $16,000 befor it was worth it ????? stupid thinking I hope that answers any other questions to any one thinking to bring there bike Thais dont like you NOT BUYING THERE PRODUCTS this also goes for personel goods if your thinking odf bringing tools or any electronics you will be automatically up for 7% tax then duty so if you want to bring any thing you like buy it befor you leave claim duty from your country i.e. tax payable, stamp duty,as you can claim duty free at your port of leaveing you wont regret it but also remember you might be up for excessive baggage check out the airline as to how much they charge per lb or kilo you will be shocked bye for now and thanks for reading

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 06 October 2015 @ 01:28 PM ICT  

Quote by: mind out

The last comment about importing a bike to thailand is crap
you can import ANY bike wether you are the first owner or not but be aware it will cost you 200,000 baht for import tax what ever the bike is . Then you have to pay additional fees for shipping landing handleing cost,s is your bike worth that much to you YOU may ask how i know ? i wanted to bring my 15month old honda integra from australia as i wanted to sell it in australia and i was only asking $8000 (dollars aussie ) bad timming of year. so in all if i wanted to bring my bike it woud have owed me $16,000 befor it was worth it ????? stupid thinking I hope that answers any other questions to any one thinking to bring there bike Thais dont like you NOT BUYING THERE PRODUCTS this also goes for personel goods if your thinking odf bringing tools or any electronics you will be automatically up for 7% tax then duty so if you want to bring any thing you like buy it befor you leave claim duty from your country i.e. tax payable, stamp duty,as you can claim duty free at your port of leaveing you wont regret it but also remember you might be up for excessive baggage check out the airline as to how much they charge per lb or kilo you will be shocked bye for now and thanks for reading

Maybe you should read the Thai newspapers more often.

Ban on imports of used vehicles (see link for all details)
www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Ban-on-imports-of-used-vehicles-30180164.html

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association