By: Anonymous: Michael ()  Tuesday, 19 May 2015 @ 10:56 PM ICT (Read 1332 times)  

Hello,
I would like to purchase electrical starter brand new or second hand.
May I know where can I get it in Thailand?

BR
Michael Wong

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 May 2015 @ 08:14 AM ICT  

The starter motor you looking for was also used for the 1999 and 2000 Yamaha TT250, the 2001 up to 2006 Yamaha TTR250, and the 2003 TTR225.

The original starter motor was manufactured by Mitsuba and was a PMDD type 12 Volts CW rotating starter motor with 9 teeth

The original Yamaha part number is 4GY-81890-00-00, or 4GY-81800-02-00.

As you probably know the Yamaha Serow 225 was never officially sold in Thailand, so parts will be difficult to find. You have one chance, as the starter motor was produced by Mitsuba Electric Manufacturing, which also has a factory in Thailand. So I would suggest you contact them... let somebody who speaks Thai call first to ask for somebody who can speak English.

Telephone 038-698 300

They're located at : 500/79 Moo 3, Hemaraj Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, Tambon Tasith, Amphur Pluak Daeng, Rayong 21140

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 May 2015 @ 08:24 AM ICT  

If contacting Mitsuba directly not give the dessired result, you can also widen your search by looking for a Mitsuba PMDD starter motors 12v CW 9-spline shaft (or 9-teeth shaft).

Several motorcycle/ATV manufactures used this model, you maybe have to change the connection plug... but it will work perfectly. For instance the Polaris Trail Boss, Big Boss, Magnum, Scrambler, Sportsman used the same starter motor, and Polaris ATVs are sold in Thailand by a company called H20 Co., Ltd in Prapradang. Down side is buying your starter motor from Polaris will not be the cheapest option.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi ()  Saturday, 23 May 2015 @ 03:44 PM ICT  

You could also contact Red Baron in Bangkok as they have direct contact with Red Baron Japan and can easily order import parts.

And besides that they have a huge second-hand warehouse .... what you need might be there right now.

The Serrow or TW225 (or TW200) have been / are popular bikes in Thailand but officially not for sale.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 26 May 2015 @ 03:58 PM ICT  

Can a assume you don't have the old one? As getting it rewound and fitting new brushes/bearings etc. is not that difficult.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association