12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Saturday, 18 April 2015 @ 10:13 AM ICT (Read 2414 times)  

Bangkokbikesrental.com is very unprofessional, rude, and truly a one of a kind shit-show. They took my money and don't return it back. This is the worst shop ever with low quality, used, abused, and unsafe bikes. I rented an ER6. They took forever to release the bike because they thought my pictures were different from my passport and my driver's license. I specifically asked if the bike had any problem, they said no, "just don't race the bike and check the oil each time you ride." I thought that sounded strange and should have known better.

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Saturday, 18 April 2015 @ 10:17 AM ICT  

Within one hour riding to Hua Hin, the scorching hot radiator water mixed with motor oil exploded all over my left leg. I almost crashed and lost my life because of this bike. I had to leave the bike at an LPG station for them to pick it up. When I checked the engine oil it was empty. They basically gave me a bike with a blown motor.

The next day I go back to the shop and she tells me there was nothing wrong with the bike and they had to drive all the way over there for nothing. I pulled out my leg and ruined collector Jordans to show her the stains and burns. I got my passport back, and she said she would return the money when I bring back the helmet since I didn't have it on me. Within an hour I return with the helmet and she is nowhere to be found. I place the helmet over the fence since I left for Phuket that same day. I called her several dozen times, no response for my deposit. She picks up eventually and tells me to call the owner at another number. All this time she's been claiming shes the owner.... but anyways, I call and the guy has no idea what's going on and says he has nothing to do with it. I call her back several more times and no response. I text her several times, no answer... Finally I tell her if she doesn't reply and return my money I will have to contact the police.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 18 April 2015 @ 12:43 PM ICT  

As there's always two sides of the story, we will also contact Bangkok Motorbike Rental and ask what their side of the story is....

We have to say in advance that one rental that going wrong is hardly what we would call a scam.... the company owns a good amount of motorcycles.... Chris, you maybe right, but the statistics tell something different, the company rents out over 10 motorcycles per week the whole year... What is over 520 rental contracts per year.... and until now you the first to complain of this “over” 520 people that the company is bad....

Again we not take sides, how can we, we just know one side of the story....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Sunday, 19 April 2015 @ 12:49 AM ICT  

By all means go ahead. I have screenshots of all the text messages and threats she has sent me. I'm not the only complaint online about this company. Perhaps you should look into those as well?

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Sunday, 19 April 2015 @ 12:54 AM ICT  

Part 2 of the story: She responds rather quickly and tells me to come to her shop with the police. I told her just make our lives easy and refund what is rightfully mine. Now she says won't give me back my money because I have no respect and am dishonest..... Really?? They rented a bike that almost killed me after I repeatedly asked if there are any problems with oil or water on the bike. To take it a step further she started cursing at me saying, I don't give a fcuk where you are from, I'm going to block your passport with Thai Immigration. If you come to my shop I will show you problem! She kept trying to instigate like we are in some state of deprivation, winner takes all feud. I told her I can send my friend there because I am no longer in Bangkok. She wouldn't listen and continued threatening.

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 19 April 2015 @ 07:28 AM ICT  

I know about two (including you) in two-years complains about that rental company. What means that from more than 1040 customers two people had a problem. I have a friend who runs a retail store and he would love to have only two complains per +1000 customers....

The lady from the rental shop suggested you visit her shop with the police, what is probably the best, and cheapest, solution to get the problem resolved. You can hire a lawyer and go to court, but that can take months before the problem is resolved. And yes, if you signed a contract that you're responsible for damage to the motorcycle you rented the rental company can prevent you to leave the country.

You can, and probably should contact the Office of the Consumer Protection Board www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_eng/main.php?filename=index___EN

If everything is as you said, I have to agree that the lady from the rental company is not very good in resolving a problem

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 20 April 2015 @ 02:19 PM ICT  

Whilst this is the second post on here about this subject...

So they have a bike which obviously sounds damaged and you are demanding your money back after they came to collect the bike etc.

they said no, "just don't race the bike and check the oil each time you ride." I thought that sounded strange and should have known better.

I'm not saying I would have, but did you do as instructed and check the oil before you rode? I have a mate who sent his bike in for service and it had no oil after service because they "forgot".

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Wednesday, 22 April 2015 @ 05:14 PM ICT  

Going to the police station for a day is the last thing I want to do in BKK. Yes. I checked the oil, one hour later it was empty.

She finally returned the deposit to my friend a week later in the form of a check. She also made my friend wait over 2 hours for the check. This shop is a complete waste of time. I only got refunded for the 2800 deposit, she still scammed me out of the $1900 rental charge for the broken bike. She said she had to pay money to get the bike picked up so she pass the cost on to me. What kind of bullshit customer service is this? Terrible bike, terrible customer service, I hope they go out of business. She didn't even care that I almost died because of the bike malfunction. Imagine scorching hot 100deg plus radiator fluid all over you while riding over 120km/hr.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 22 April 2015 @ 06:40 PM ICT  

Dear Chris,

We happy that the situation is resolved, to be honest we had not much hope for you.

What I not understand is why you used what's considered by many to be the most offensive word in the English language to name the lady from the rental company on a public forum... (we removed it from public view... as we not want to get into legal problems) .

In Thailand your best weapon is politeness and a great smile, and read a little about the law. In Thailand most of the time aggression will be answered by more aggression...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Mathias ()  Wednesday, 24 June 2015 @ 12:46 AM ICT  

As I put some effort in this I am gonna post the list of rental stores I found here as well. I hope it will help as many other riders as possible:

- Asia Riding Adventure dot com is very responsive, however their website might be a bit confusing. To find their rentals (not tours) check out the rental page. They rent for a minimum of 3 days and offer discounts for longer rentals. Their bikes are brand new.

- Thai Bikes Rental dot com was also very responsive and I could feel those guys just love riding bikes themselves. It seems to be a smaller store with er6n, versys and 125cc scooters on offer. A bit cheaper than asia riding adventures, however do not offer any organized tours, only rentals. They do free delivery to Khaosan Road. Was the cheapest store for big bikes I could find in Bangkok so far.

- Bangkok Scooter Rental dot com is the cheapest rental for scooters that I found. Unfortunately they only post factory photos of scooters so I am not sure how new or old those scooters are, but worth to check it out (I didnt inquire further as I am looking for a big bike).

- Big Bike Rental Bangkok dot com is another rental store, however I find the prices really high compared to other stores. My friend actually rented a brand new CB 500 X from them and their bikes are new and nice, but so are the bikes from the first two stores at cheaper rates.

- Bangkok Bikes Rental dot com is finally another rental store that I found. Their rates are somewhat in the middle range, but they are located a bit outside of town. They seem to be in business for quite some time considering their many customer photos on the website. I have come across several negative reviews from past customers and some rather weird / angry replies from the supposedly owner for that rental store, so Im not sure what to make of it.

I will probably rent from Thaibikesrental or Asiaridingadventure and keep BigBikeRental as an additional option.

Hope this helps anyone looking for bikes in the near future Smile (If you find additional store please post in here!!!)

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 24 June 2015 @ 09:02 AM ICT  

- Bangkok Scooter Rental dot com is the cheapest rental for scooters that I found. Unfortunately they only post factory photos of scooters so I am not sure how new or old those scooters are, but worth to check it out (I didnt inquire further as I am looking for a big bike).

Next door to me. They look OK. They are not "new" they are mostly all repos but I would say about 1-year old or less. Every interaction between them and the customers I see is cordial.

The comes to work everyday on a bike Smile if that means anything.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Mike ()  Thursday, 25 June 2015 @ 02:49 PM ICT  

As a viewer of this thread that has no personal axe to grind I must side with the complainant here. The number one main issue regardless of any other is the fact that the rented motorcycle was dangerous and malfunctioned . The Rental company should apologise unreservedly and and refund costs immediately no other course of action is acceptable, safety is paramount.

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association