By: Anonymous: Choco ()  Wednesday, 18 March 2015 @ 08:43 PM ICT (Read 2678 times)  

Hello everyone!
I am the happy new owner of a Honda Sonic 125cc which I believe is the 2004 model edition.

A friendly mechanic having recently informed me the parts of the water pump on my bike were found sitting at the bottom of the engine tank, crumbled into tiny little pieces, I am currently in the search of said parts to replace the old ones. Unfortunately, the Honda Sonic is not very common in Cambodia (yes, for the records, I'm currently living on Phnom Penh) and finding the right parts has proven to be quite a tricky challenge.
I must've asked at least a dozen moto repair shops around the city and none of them were able/willing to help my case. Unfortunately, my bike has been sitting in my yard for the past two weeks and I had to make due with a crappy old, fully automatic, rented bike to accomodate my transporting needs. So I turn to you, ladies and gentlemen of this forum, for help in this dire situation.

Here's a diagram for the water pump and parts I'm looking for:

2 - Water pump seal
6 - Cog / Gear
10 - (Couldn't find the english name for this part)
13 - 8.23 Axle bolt pump

A few people that I know will be visiting Bangkok in few weeks. If anyone of you owns or know a repair shop that could supply these parts, I shall engilf thee with my eternal gratitude!

Cheers,
Choco

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 19 March 2015 @ 07:49 AM ICT  

The good part is that the Honda Sonic 125 uses the same water-pump as the Honda CBR125 and for that you can find many new and second hand water pumps online at Ebay for example.

For course the easiest way would be if you could order from a dealer in Thailand and send it to your address in Cambodia.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: lait0chocolat (offline)  Monday, 23 March 2015 @ 11:08 AM ICT  

Thanks for your reply!
This piece of info is indeed quite invaluable. Do you guys have any suggestions for good/trusty dealers in Thailand?

lait0chocolat

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 25 March 2015 @ 11:08 AM ICT  

Choco,

I will be happy to walk with you to a Honda dealer so you can by the parts if you will be near central Bangkok.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: surinlad52 (offline)  Sunday, 05 April 2015 @ 06:06 PM ICT  

Try this site,they have a huge selection of spares for most small bikes.Also accept paypal

bike.megaparts.com/

surinlad52

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: lait0chocolat (offline)  Monday, 11 May 2015 @ 04:46 PM ICT  

My deep and sincere thanks for your replies and help.

Here's another headache for the puzzle hunters:

About a month ago, I was on my way to work like I do on a daily basis. I stopped at a station to fuel up the tank. When I pushed the ignition button to start up the bike and leave, the motor coughed like an old man with lung cancer and refused to oblige. I knew from the sound that something about the battery required my attention. Problem was: It was new and had just been recharged.
Later that day, my mechanic told me something about the charging system was not right. Since then, we did all the circuitry tests, voltage, ohm and whatnot, yet somehow the motorcycle is failing to charge up the battery. My unfortunate mechanic and I can’t figure out what the issue is.

We’ve changed a couple of cables (someone had replaced the originals with doorbell wires…) and straightened out the “spaghetti” circuitry, gaining a few watts in the process.

We’ve also rewind the generator coils in the stator, a process that had second-handedly been done already, and replaced the regulator/rectifier with a third party company one (genuine parts are hard to get by here). Result: The battery still won’t charge up

Thinking that maybe the third party regulator was at fault, we tried testing it from another Honda Sonic (an older model. no electric starter. probably 1998 or something). Still nothing…

The bike was working just fine a month ago. It all started after we fixed the water pump system (main sprocket was broken) and replaced the lights switch. Not even a day after the repairs and *SHAZAM!* charging system decides to get picky and gets branded by some kind of curse from a very dark magic.

So share me your experience: Have you ever been stuck in a similar situation? How did you get out of it?
People of this dedicated community forum, hear my pledge! Save me from this Kafkaesque loophole!

lait0chocolat

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association