Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Wednesday, August 20 2014 @ 05:34 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  General Discussion >  Motorcycle Q&A New Topic Post Reply
 Registration sticker
   |  Printable Version
By: squareflips (offline)  Tuesday, March 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM ICT (Read 748 times)  
squareflips

I keep my registration sticker in those plastic tubes and attached it to the motorbike. Today, I noticed its missing. It was either stolen or it fell off as the hinge is still attached but the tube is gone. What are the steps to get a new sticker? I assume i will need to file a police report. Anyone know what it is called in thai?

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: bobby ()  Tuesday, March 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM ICT  
Anonymous: bobby

Quote by: squareflips

I keep my registration sticker in those plastic tubes and attached it to the motorbike. Today, I noticed its missing. It was either stolen or it fell off as the hinge is still attached but the tube is gone. What are the steps to get a new sticker? I assume i will need to file a police report. Anyone know what it is called in thai?

By: Anonymous: bobby ()  Tuesday, March 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM ICT  
Anonymous: bobby

Quote by: squareflips

The sticker is the proof that you paid your registration fee and road tax. The easiest way to fix it is to pay the registration fee and road tax again...

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, March 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM ICT  
Anonymous: David

I was recently told by a Thai friend that those plastic cylinders for carrying the 'sticker' are illegal!

But then so is not wearing a helmet! Roll Eyes

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, March 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Anonymous

The same happened to me, the screws of the tube are too short and that's the prob.
Just go to the DLT and get a new sticker, it's not expensive but I forgot the value.

By: Matty (offline)  Thursday, March 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM ICT  
Matty

I would just forget about the sticker, and when your rego is due again just pay it and get the new 2558 year sticker.
If the police happen to stop you just plead ignorant and say " It was there yesterday, It must have been stolen or fell off"

I asked my Thai friend what he would do and he said the same thing, just wait for next year and pay the rego to receive next years sticker. He also said many people don't stick it on their bikes or carry it in a tube and keep the sticker at home and the police seem to be ok with that.
hope this helps.
Matt.

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: squareflips (offline)  Thursday, March 13 2014 @ 08:51 PM ICT  
squareflips

Thanks for the replies. I just got the sticker last month and for the past few weeks, I've been stopped at checkpoints several times prior to losing the sticker. I will just get a new one and keep it in the storage compartment. Perhaps even scan and print the original and leave that in a tube so its visible.

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 05:34 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,402 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER