By: silenzo (offline)  Saturday, 01 June 2013 @ 09:10 PM ICT (Read 2945 times)  

Hello everyone, i got fined last week by a police in Bangkok. He got my license and gave me the fined letter which means i need to process my license back and paid some money (THB500) at the police station. How many days is the fined letter valid for me to carry? I still not go to the police station due to no time. Thanks.

ps: sorry if the thread put in the wrong forum sub. thanks.

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: fred (offline)  Sunday, 02 June 2013 @ 09:17 PM ICT  

Hi, sorry to hear they took your license.

Would you care to explain more in details what happened that the police gave you a ticket and took your license? Where was it exactly? Did the police have a black or a dark-green uniform?
So that we can learn and avoid such thing.
I've never heard such case of police giving a "real" ticket. From my experience, they would normally try to get as much money as they can when the police stop you, since they know most foreigners don't have thai driving license. and usually give the usual excuse that motorcycle cannot drive on 2nd or 3rd lane, only 1st.

Back to your questions, you should read or ask someone to translate the fine paper the expire date, should be 2 weeks I think.
Did you have Thai license?

Cheers.

fred

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

By: news (offline)  Monday, 03 June 2013 @ 04:06 PM ICT  

In Thailand it's a common practice that the police take your drivers license until you pay the fine at the police station.

I asked a police officer and he said, that they expect people to pay the fine at the end of the month when they get paid. But, according to the officer I talked to they not have an expire date. He even said that they had drivers licenses in a drawer at police station for tickets years old...

I would not expect the person to still ride/drive around with the 'fined letter' and expecting to get away with it...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Max (offline)  Tuesday, 04 June 2013 @ 10:09 AM ICT  

You'll not be summonsed, but the best thing is to make the time and go to the police station and pay your fine and reclaim your license because if you are stopped again and your license is still at the police station you will find yourself in what was an avoidable difficulty. As for police lining their own pockets, this seems to be far less prevalent in Bangkok these days, maybe because they have a quota of issued fines to meet. And as for farangs not having a license, in my own experience most that live here do, and my many farang riding friends are all road legal. Those without a license tend to be either holiday makers on a rental scooter or Thai.

Max

Group Comfort
Level:

By: silenzo (offline)  Friday, 07 June 2013 @ 04:27 PM ICT  

Quote by: fred

Hi, sorry to hear they took your license.

Would you care to explain more in details what happened that the police gave you a ticket and took your license? Where was it exactly? Did the police have a black or a dark-green uniform?
So that we can learn and avoid such thing.
I've never heard such case of police giving a "real" ticket. From my experience, they would normally try to get as much money as they can when the police stop you, since they know most foreigners don't have thai driving license. and usually give the usual excuse that motorcycle cannot drive on 2nd or 3rd lane, only 1st.

Back to your questions, you should read or ask someone to translate the fine paper the expire date, should be 2 weeks I think.
Did you have Thai license?

Cheers.

They stop me because i should not pass the road. A lot of private vehicles as well got "trapped" with this. It was at petchaburi road near to pantip mall. The police wear the dark brown colour uniform, which i think same like another police in Bangkok. Well they ask me if i want to pay them directly which i refuse but i think other vehicles gave them money for the "failure" to pass that road (the non pass sign located improperly so many will get miss lead). My thai friend said the period is 1 month. I have thai license as well, but i gave my international license at the first place. Hope this can be learning to everyone, so at least we have more sense on "road trap". Thanks.

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association