10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: aLx (offline)  Monday, 20 May 2013 @ 04:39 PM ICT (Read 8147 times)  

Hello everyone!

This will be officially my very first post in this forum. I recently bought a second hand Yamaha Fresh 100 cc, I think this one is the older model ,with drum front brake. Got this bike at a fairly fair price(B5000), me thinks that's fair enough. I am not new to under bone bikes since I own another 110 cc Yamaha bike back in my home country. My main concern right now, is that the bike needs restoring ,aesthetically speaking. Engine runs good, with few tuning needed, which I can DIY with proper tools. What concerns me is that this model is fairly old, and I cant seem to find any shops that sells any accessories of it? I am curious if some parts is compatible with the latest Yamaha 110 cc in the market? If any of you have any recommendations of websites or shops I can inquire about accessories for this old bike, I will really appreciate it.

I am specifically referring to fairings, suspensions, swing arms, meter boards.

Thank you.

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Monday, 20 May 2013 @ 05:45 PM ICT  

First I want to tell you that Yamaha Thailand has a good amount of parts for the Yamaha Fresh on stock. Knowing that you should try to find out what model you exactly have...

The model number we are looking for looks like this K-105 for the early first Yamaha Fresh model, or KA-105, KB-105 or KC-105. By the way the Yamaha Fresh is not an 110cc motorcycle, not that it matters much...

If we have the correct Yamaha Fresh or Fresh-II model number we can provide you with a copy of the official Yamaha Parts Catalog – and with this parts catalog you can order parts direct from Yamaha Thailand or talk to 3rd party parts distributors / manufacturers...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: aLx (offline)  Tuesday, 21 May 2013 @ 10:33 AM ICT  

Great! I`ll get back to you when I have the model number. I`m quite sure it's the oldest model since its front brake is still drum, most of the models I saw around are already using disc brakes. I'll confirm this. Thanks again pal.

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 May 2013 @ 11:23 AM ICT  

Quote by: aLx

Great! I`ll get back to you when I have the model number. I`m quite sure it's the oldest model since its front brake is still drum, most of the models I saw around are already using disc brakes. I'll confirm this. Thanks again pal.

The thing is that both the Yamaha Fresh K-105 and the Yamaha Fresh-II KA-105 are pretty old, the Fresh K-105 was introduced early 2001 while the Fresh-II was introduced a year later (2002).

And both models where sold with front drum brake or front disc brake... The front disc brake version was a more deluxe version...

Picture attached is from the Yamaha Fresh (K-105C) from 2001...

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: aLx (offline)  Tuesday, 21 May 2013 @ 01:30 PM ICT  

Thanks for the info. I will check my bike's model number tonight.

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:

By: aLx (offline)  Tuesday, 21 May 2013 @ 08:35 PM ICT  

I know this will sound like a dumb question. Checked my bike but I can't seem to find the model number on the engine nor in the registration stickers on the fairings. Where should I be looking for it?

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 May 2013 @ 08:44 PM ICT  

I know this will sound like a dumb question. Checked my bike but I can't seem to find the model number on the engine nor in the registration stickers on the fairings. Where should I be looking for it?

Normally you can find the model number on an aluminum plate that is attached to the frame. Sorry with the Yamaha Fresh I have no idea where that aluminum patch is located...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: aLx (offline)  Wednesday, 22 May 2013 @ 11:29 AM ICT  

I will be cleaning the bike this weekend, and I might remove the fairing too to check. At least now I know I can fully restore my bike with the availability of parts on Yamaha shops.

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:

By: aLx (offline)  Wednesday, 22 May 2013 @ 11:29 AM ICT  

I will be cleaning the bike this weekend, and I might remove the fairing too to check. At least now I know I can fully restore my bike with the availability of parts on Yamaha shops.

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:

By: aLx (offline)  Tuesday, 04 June 2013 @ 07:46 PM ICT  

Update: Done with the basic cleaning and tuning. Next step is to repaint or change rusty parts.

How I hate those sidestreet mechanics that are not using proper tools, a lot of my bolts needed to be change including my valve caps.

photo ---> Click on image to open

aLx

Group Comfort
Level:

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association