By: Anonymous: ettamiano ()  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 05:05 PM ICT (Read 13425 times)  

is there anyobdy who knows about an Honda official dealer which provides maintenance services in Bangkok?
I bought a CB1000 and would let them check it

Thanks all

S

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 26 February 2013 @ 06:52 PM ICT  

No sorry no official Honda dealer will touch your Honda CB1000, as they have no experience / training to work on that motorcycle.

Even if you will go to the more professional motorcycle dealers, like Red Baron Bangkok, you probably need to pay an entrance fee before they will service your motorcycle. Almost all big bike dealers ask for a entrance service fee....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: STEFANO ()  Monday, 06 May 2013 @ 12:40 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

No sorry no official Honda dealer will touch your Honda CB1000, as they have no experience / training to work on that motorcycle.

Even if you will go to the more professional motorcycle dealers, like Red Baron Bangkok, you probably need to pay an entrance fee before they will service your motorcycle. Almost all big bike dealers ask for a entrance service fee....

Thanx a lot for the kind suggestion. Entrance fee will be not an issue as far as the maintenance is "somw how" handled by skilled mechanics. is there only Red Baron, or I do you hv some other dealer to suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Stefano

By: fred (offline)  Monday, 06 May 2013 @ 01:29 AM ICT  

you might wanna check out this site: http://www.mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=cb1000
and ask the people that have CB 1000 for sale and have modified them... of course all in Thai...

your CB1000 is the naked one yeah? that's a nice classic bike. I'm looking to buy a CB400, but still too expensive with plate registration.
my friend has one and it consumes way too much gasoline.

good luck.

fred

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

By: silenzo (offline)  Monday, 06 May 2013 @ 01:32 AM ICT  

How much is the entrance fee?
Is it the same amount of fee for different type of big bike?
Thanks

silenzo

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Monday, 06 May 2013 @ 06:10 AM ICT  

Quote by: silenzo

How much is the entrance fee?
Is it the same amount of fee for different type of big bike?
Thanks

It's some time ago we last talked to a motorcycle shop about an entrance fee for a motorcycle bought somewhere else. But, when we talked with the motorcycle shop we had the impression that the price was not a fixed amount. Several points influenced the amount of the entrance fee, for instance is the motorcycle officially registered or not, and are all taxes paid.

You need to understand that motorcycle shops that import motorcycles often get visitors from the revenue department (to check the paperwork...) and if by one of those visits a motorcycle with doubtful papers is found in the garage it could ruin the companies reputation....

I'm sure that the type of the motorcycle and the availability of parts will influence the entrance fee.... so best to contact the motorcycle shop before you go to visit them... so you know what to expect....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: STEFANO ()  Monday, 06 May 2013 @ 09:15 AM ICT  

Quote by: fred

you might wanna check out this site: http://www.mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=cb1000
and ask the people that have CB 1000 for sale and have modified them... of course all in Thai...

your CB1000 is the naked one yeah? that's a nice classic bike. I'm looking to buy a CB400, but still too expensive with plate registration.

good luck.

Thanks Fred. appreciated.
Indeed I follow Mocyc website, but as u said, its all in Thai and quite complicated to communicate.
Indeed, CB1000 BigOne its a marvelous creature which loves to drink a lot 555, but its a pleasure to ride. I've already bought her few weeks ago, and I just would hv a serious check/set-up .. will let know what I will find out in next few days.
Ciao

S

By: Anonymous: Fred ()  Tuesday, 07 May 2013 @ 09:09 PM ICT  

Quote by: STEFANO

Quote by: fred

good luck.

Thanks Fred. appreciated.
Indeed I follow Mocyc website, but as u said, its all in Thai and quite complicated to communicate.
Indeed, CB1000 BigOne its a marvelous creature which loves to drink a lot 555, but its a pleasure to ride. I've already bought her few weeks ago, and I just would hv a serious check/set-up .. will let know what I will find out in next few days.
Ciao

S

Cool, enjoy your new CB1000!

I would love to have one of those 4 cylinder models, looking at a CB400 or CB750.

let us know your results!

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association