By: Anonymous: Martin ()  Thursday, 25 October 2012 @ 10:27 PM ICT (Read 10136 times)  

Hi,

It is real nice and comfortable touring with these accessories.Makes a huge difference.Fitted like this,the PCX 150 makes for a decent touring machine.

Click on image to openClick on image to openClick on image to open

By: news (offline)  Friday, 26 October 2012 @ 12:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: Martin

Hi,

It is real nice and comfortable touring with these accessories.Makes a huge difference.Fitted like this,the PCX 150 makes for a decent touring machine.

You surely have enough luggage space, enough to do a world tour...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Big Guy (offline)  Friday, 26 October 2012 @ 11:19 PM ICT  

That is a great looking setup.

Can you please tell us more details about the parts numbers and who installed them?

I have a small Givi top box on my PCX125 but I can't say that I like it at all. It rattles like crazy and this lower level model lacks a seal around the top and bottom connecting edge so it is not truly water or dust proof. Also it was available only in black and in Thailand that makes it an oven in the sun.

You have some cloth covers on the side bags. Is that because they aren't waterproof or dust proof?

Next year I'll be replacing my PCX with a new 150 model and keeping the original PCX125 for visitors and backup, and I'd like to do up the new one like yours if the bags were 1/ water and dust proof and 2/ white to match the bike and keep the temperature down inside.

Like most of us big farangs, you've removed the seat bump and done something different. I do wish that Honda made a decent seat for the PCX or that the replacement seats didn't still have the original twin bumps still in place under the padding because they make for an uncomfortable seat even when re-done.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PCX overall and it has been a tough and reliable bike in floods, mountains and off road trails. I just wish I could find a seat that worked, and some bags that didn't leak, rattle or cook my things.

Big Guy

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: mART ()  Saturday, 27 October 2012 @ 08:55 AM ICT  

Hey, Big Guy,

PANNIERS:

FIRE PROOF but not waterproof. thats why the rain covers. But they protect it from dirt and mud when raining.It is a good idea.Easy to install and uninstall. Worth every penny.

Top Box:

Mine is STM model. totally rainproof as well as dust proof. But it does get hot in the sun,naturally.

Rain Coat GIVI:

1300 baht (130 ringit) not a drop gets under it.you can ride in any weather,no matter how hard the rain. keeps you warm as well.

Windshield:

Reduces drag by up to 40% and keeps you drier and warmer on rainy days. The bike gets up to top speed far easier and faster with the tall windshield. 230 ringit.

Center box:

fits in a helmet and any smallish objects,like water,keys,pphones,maps,etc....great convenience and storage

By: Anonymous: lol ()  Saturday, 27 October 2012 @ 09:54 AM ICT  

Quote by: mART

Hey, Big Guy,

PANNIERS:

FIRE PROOF but not waterproof. thats why the rain covers. But they protect it from dirt and mud when raining.It is a good idea.Easy to install and uninstall. Worth every penny.

At least you can ride through a forestfire without your panniers getting damaged Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinClappingLol, NoLol, No

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association