By: Anonymous: sam ()  Friday, 07 September 2012 @ 06:50 AM ICT (Read 1026 times)  

Thailand's motorcycle market has slowed since the rainy season began, but the momentum continued in July with 5% year-on-year growth on the strength of 187,771 units sold.

Honda maintained its market leadership, with 5% growth and sales of 126,043 units. Sales of the promising automatic transmission (AT) model grew by 20% from a year earlier, with 93,514 units sold.

Two of the three best-sellers were Honda's Scoopy-i and Click 125i, with sales of 28,388 and 19,692 units.

Suchart Arunsaengroj, the sales director at AP Honda, said the company plans a new model and promotional campaign, partnering with the football clubs Manchester United and Liverpool.

"As the market leader, Honda plans to boost the market in the third quarter with a new model to be launched, for the first time ever in the rainy season, under the 'Big Fan Big Fun' campaign," said Mr Suchart.

"With the campaign, Honda has become an official partner with the legendary football clubs Manchester United and Liverpool. The move will certainly boost the local motorcycle industry. Details of the promotional campaign will be announced later."

Motorcycle sales overall reached 187,771 units last month, of which 93,514 were AT motorcycles.

Family motorcycles achieved sales of 85,853 units, followed by 3,376 for on-off versions, 3,291 for sport cycles and 1,737 for other types.

By manufacturer, Honda posted the biggest sales with 126,043 units for a 67% market share, followed by Yamaha with 45,842 (24%), Suzuki with 7,638 (4%), Kawasaki with 3,649 (2%) and other brands with 4,599.

1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association