By: Anonymous: BigJohn ()  Thursday, 12 July 2012 @ 05:33 PM ICT (Read 1912 times)  

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I have a question

On another forum I read that the wheel bearings of the Lifan LF200GY-5 can sometimes cause problems, is it possible to replace the standard wheel bearing with better bearings, something like SKF

Regards,

John

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 12 July 2012 @ 05:44 PM ICT  

Quote by: BigJohn

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I have a question

On another forum I read that the wheel bearings of the Lifan LF200GY-5 can sometimes cause problems, is it possible to replace the standard wheel bearing with better bearings, something like SKF

Regards,

John

Welcome to our motorcycle forum, first I want to tell you that the wheel bearings on the Lifan LF200GY-5 are not bad.

Yes, you can easily replace the wheel bearing of the Lifan LF200GY-5, if you not sure how to do it take a look at our Replacing your Wheel Bearings.

To replace the Lifan LF200GY-5's wheel bearings you need to buy from a SKF dealer bearings with the following specifications for the front wheel you need two bore 12mm, OD 37mm, width 12mm, if the SKF dealer has a table you can also tell him 6301 bearings. For the rear wheel you need two 15mm, OD 42mm, width 13 mm, or just 6302-RS bearings

SKF and probably all other bearing manufacturers have the 6301 and 6302 bearings in several qualities, depending on you and your wallet, to select which one.

See SKF table for reverence www.skf.com/skf/productcatalogue/jsp/viewers/productTableViewer.jsp?&tableName=1_1_1&presentationType=3&startnum=8

P.S. the best of the best SKF 6301 or 6302 bearing will cost you about 150 THB per piece, you need two per wheel so in total it will cost you about 600 THB.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association