11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: Paul ()  Saturday, 07 July 2012 @ 01:23 PM ICT (Read 10418 times)  

Where to buy new Sym Maxsym 600i ABS near BKK?

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 07 July 2012 @ 02:12 PM ICT  

The Sym Maxsym 600i is very very new, it was still a concept scoot at the 2011 EICMA motor show and it's currently still not available in Taiwan (Sym home market).

Will the Sym Maxsym 600i come to Thailand? That all depends on current Sym sales numbers and the demand for maxi-scooters, but it's probably safe to say that it will not happen this year.

Click on image to open

In Thailand the Sym Maxsym 400i is the biggest maxi-scooter available from Sym Thailand and costs around 209,000 THB...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jian-hong ()  Saturday, 07 July 2012 @ 07:52 PM ICT  

One important fact is that the Sym Maxsym 600i ABS will not replace the Maxsym 400i. Also the Sym Maxsym 600i will be a good amount more expensive (mainly because the standard Electronic-Combi-ABS-brakes).

By: Anonymous: bultaco ()  Monday, 09 July 2012 @ 07:02 AM ICT  

It seems that there is a 400i with ABS now available in Europe; do you have any information regarding its eventual availability here in Thailand?

I'm considering buying the 400i and I would be disappointed to see it equipped with ABS in 3 months from here.

Thanks.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 09 July 2012 @ 09:11 AM ICT  

Actually the Sym Maxsym 400i with ABS is also a new model, which maybe will be available in Thailand probably early 2013 (of course that could be earlier).

Of course the best source for information would be if you contact Sym Thailand, Tel. 02-613-9727

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: johan ()  Wednesday, 11 July 2012 @ 03:27 PM ICT  

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well I had the girlfriend call them and the woman on the line didn't even know what is ABS...
After asking what it is about to one of her colleague, she very confidently replied that the ABS version would not come until a very long time; that they would try to sell all units of the current 400i model.
Obviously that second part was a made up story as thai like to do when they have no clue about the answer and which is so annoying after a few years living here Smile

Beside, afaik, Sym will sell the 400i with and without ABS; it's not like the current model without ABS is gonna be discontinued.

Anyway, maybe I should try to call Taiwan directly...

By: Anonymous: LinhB ()  Thursday, 12 July 2012 @ 11:17 PM ICT  

Quote by: johan

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well I had the girlfriend call them and the woman on the line didn't even know what is ABS...
After asking what it is about to one of her colleague, she very confidently replied that the ABS version would not come until a very long time; that they would try to sell all units of the current 400i model.
Obviously that second part was a made up story as thai like to do when they have no clue about the answer and which is so annoying after a few years living here Smile

Beside, afaik, Sym will sell the 400i with and without ABS; it's not like the current model without ABS is gonna be discontinued.

Anyway, maybe I should try to call Taiwan directly...

According to some information, Sym Thailand would maybe start offering the ABS as a bolt-on option. Due to the high import duty on over 250cc motorcycles/scooters the ABS will be extra costly, if the needed ABS parts are imported separately as automotive parts from one of the Sym factories in a ASEAN country or Free Trade Country the overall cost of having ABS can possible be cheaper.

By: Anonymous: johan ()  Friday, 13 July 2012 @ 02:44 PM ICT  

Hi,

Thanks for sharing that information; I didn't know that it was possible to equip a motorbike with an ABS after it's been completely assembled but I'm quite ignorant on this matter.

I read somewhere else that the discs of the brakes on the 400i are "ready" to receive an ABS (something with the holes in the discs) but on the other hand, the 400i ABS model in Europe does not have the combi brake anymore (maybe it's incompatible with ABS...) so the result of mounting the ABS on the standard model here would be a bit strange.
Add to this the necessity to find someone competent enough to install the ABS...

With or without ABS, the 400i remains a nice scooter and I'm probably going to buy it soon. Just waiting for it to be available for rent at a local shop so I can test drive it for few days.

By: Anonymous: Phil ()  Saturday, 01 September 2012 @ 10:52 AM ICT  

Quote by: johan

Hi,

Thanks for sharing that information; I didn't know that it was possible to equip a motorbike with an ABS after it's been completely assembled but I'm quite ignorant on this matter.

I read somewhere else that the discs of the brakes on the 400i are "ready" to receive an ABS (something with the holes in the discs) but on the other hand, the 400i ABS model in Europe does not have the combi brake anymore (maybe it's incompatible with ABS...) so the result of mounting the ABS on the standard model here would be a bit strange.
Add to this the necessity to find someone competent enough to install the ABS...

With or without ABS, the 400i remains a nice scooter and I'm probably going to buy it soon. Just waiting for it to be available for rent at a local shop so I can test drive it for few days.

You can get the SYM 400 I with ABS now, there available in Pattaya for 209,000 Baht

By: Anonymous: alain ()  Thursday, 31 January 2013 @ 01:00 PM ICT  

Hi,

I bought the 300.
Love it, should have bought the 400 however, bus as i live on Koh lanta, saw no need.
I drove it to phuket, Trang, Krabi. Dont go over the the 100 -110 with the 300. Keeps the road fantastic. good acceleration, easy seating and so on. I will cruise Thailand with it, got finally my number plates.
But for long distances, its would be an advantage to go 120 -140. With the 300 you feel you going fast, starting 100. (kind off same feeling when you drive 60 with a 50cc). But for the rest, perfect machine. very dependable. No pain in the ass after 4 hours drive, however, then i feel some strain in arm who controls the driving.
I try to find the accesoires to add a box behind, but off course, at sym Phuket, they know nothing a accesoires.

By: Anonymous: Chaidee Bob ()  Friday, 14 August 2015 @ 03:21 PM ICT  

The Sym Maxsym 600i ABS is available in Thailand, I bought a week ago for 259,000 Baht what is a very decent price for what you get. The Sym Maxsym 600i ABS is the perfect maxi-scooter you can buy in Thailand.

11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association