By: Anonymous: Future Biker ()  Friday, 19 December 2008 @ 12:58 PM ICT (Read 6864 times)  

I read at another forum that Kawasaki is not going to introduce the ER-6n anytime soon. What is wrong?

By: news (offline)  Friday, 19 December 2008 @ 02:13 PM ICT  

It is true, we also hear that Kawasaki has changed its mind, but it is not as some people suggest a step back.

As you probably know, the new 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n is manufactured in Thailand for the American market. With the economic crisis in the US (world) it seems that people, more than expected, select to purchase a cheaper model motorcycle over a car.

For most American motorcyclists the Kawasaki ER-6n is, with a price ticket of US$6,399 (211,000 Baht), one of the cheapest bikes (considered a “big” bike) on the US motorcycle market.

The Thai Kawasaki factory is sold out, production for the Kawasaki ER-6n is running at maximum capacity and still it falls behind on US order demand. For Kawasaki, the American market takes priority over possible new markets.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: John (offline)  Friday, 19 December 2008 @ 06:59 PM ICT  

Phoned up Kawasaki on Wednesday 17th Dec and they said they will start selling the ER6-n on January 15th.
John

John

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Friday, 19 December 2008 @ 07:31 PM ICT  

Hi John,

I really hope you're right, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope the best...

Currently the statistics are not in you favor, but who knows, it is not the first time I got a Kawa surprise...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Harry ()  Sunday, 24 January 2010 @ 10:54 PM ICT  

The sexiest new body in Thailand has just been covered up.

The naked and the Faired versions are now on sale. The 650 R Ninja sells for 257 k baht and is around 20k more than the better UK prices. So it's not as cheap as you'll find it at home if you shop around. But then TIT and isn't it about time you can go out and buy a bigger bike? Honda and Yamaha should be shamed into importing something that follows and rivals Kawasaki.

It gets better; Kawasaki are doing the ZX 10R at around 600 k baht. now that is a thrilling killing willing racing machine that few could ever handle. Madness. Where on Thai soil can you ride it?

At least it's very little brother the 650 R will behave and ticks all the boxes. Mine though will have to wait until the Autumn when I return with UK bought mods. I've read a change of can [muffler] to an Akropovich [?] is recommended. Sure it's arm and a leg for some bros can or other dubious chromed can out here, 15 k last time I checked, so the real mcCoy from home plus whatever else is for sale should transform what will already be a joy in Thailand.

I'd been looking in Pattaya but those diddly squat shops with their dusty heaps and inflated prices are a joke. I asked in one such joint on Third Road and the guy told me some abncient piec of crap was a2002 CBR. Odd he should choose that year as that's what I have at home. Hardly out the garage in 7 years and unmarked. Just the summer use and then not enough of it.

And the prioce for something thta Adam once owned was a staggering 150 k. It makes buying a new Kwacker with it's 2 year guarantee and service all the more attractive.

I only hope that an embarrassed Honda and Yamaha rethink their marketting and launch something of their own to cut back on the Kwacker sales.

Whatever next? Clothing, decent helmets.... I can only dream. Actually, again it's wait till I get back to the UK and buy off ebay for my 40 kg wife - I have to add she's actually 38 kg - done it love - and bring some safety gear out here. I'm not a fan of the flip flop style of riding as I need my fingers and toes to help me count.

Mind you those lads who bought the naked girl only kept her for a short time. It seems that match made in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket is now over and the classifieds are seeing ads. for low mileage nakedness with all manner for getting rid. Surprising really as there's every reason going other than wanting the same thing faired.

Believe me a muscle bike it is not. And sitting in the wind trying to hold a steady 110 kms is no fun. You need faired like a 70s Disco fan needs flares. So there you have it. Not only have Kawasaki launched a Cadbury's cream egg of a bike they immediately offer us a better choice once sales have taken off.

I may sit tight as Honda have little choice other than to launch the CBR. But on price they could never compete. Yamaha stand a better chance but price remains an issue as the kwacker hits all the buttons and gets rave reviews.

The machine with the Ninja tag is no stealth bomber on two wheels. It is a safe handling, forgiving bit of kit. Check out the reviews to be found via the web for yourself. My biking is centred around pleasure and safe thrills with a wind blast and the belief that I'm going pretty quick. But then I'm not really as those days, like my knee leather, have long since gone. a gentle lean will do nicely thank you.

A top box and a couple of cases, the missus sharing the riding and a trip around the Golden Triangle will do nicely. All thanks to those nice people at Kawasaki. And in the UK I'm a die hard Honda man. Die Hard 2 then - The Ninja.Honda CBR

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Monday, 25 January 2010 @ 10:16 PM ICT  

And I'm still p..... off that Kawa Thailand can't make their locally produced KLR650
available to us. There's enough 'takers' out there!
I'm no technician, but would have thought that their much stated reason/excuse that
this bike can't pass the 'strict Thai emission laws' could be overcome by using the fuel
injection system from other Kawa products. (KLX for eg), or modify a system.
Or is there another reason we are denied the KLR?
A senior Kawa staffer once told me the reason this bike is not available is that "Thais don't like
big bikes"!!
So what's really going on here? Any experts?

Dirt Road

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association