13 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: davidstipek (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 11:21 AM ICT (Read 7350 times)  

Does anyone know if tach in speedo package is Electronic...

If so will it pick-up plug wire inductive signal? Or is R6 still a CDI Ignition Bike?

I am up to using on (modifying Dash to fit - Look good also) my Y80 Belle Chopper.

My nephew in Seattle has one but before I get him to send it, Like to get some questions secured. He has with modular plug and about 18" leads so I can totally wire in astetically as possible. I can make a plaster paris mold to make a dash to fit in and bolt to my Triple Tree, mounting will be no issue. Only worried about what drives Tach... in pictures looks like not cable driven.

David

Click on image to openClick on image to open

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 12:54 PM ICT  

Have David,

The Yamaha YZF-R6 dash you probably can buy from Yamaha Thailand, as not so long ago they sold the YZF-R6 in Thailand. If I search the workshop I probably find a Yamaha YZF-R6 Parts Catalog.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 18 April 2012 @ 03:09 PM ICT  

I see one problem as the Yamaha YZF-R6 is a four-stroke and the Yamaha Mate 111 is a two-stroke motorcycle...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 19 April 2012 @ 09:54 AM ICT  

As promised hereby the Yamaha Dash meter unit parts catalog, you can order this unit from any 'official' Yamaha dealer in Thailand...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Friday, 20 April 2012 @ 01:22 AM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

I see one problem as the Yamaha YZF-R6 is a four-stroke and the Yamaha Mate 111 is a two-stroke motorcycle...

ThaiDesign
I understand that difference. But electricly will 2 cycle/4 cycle make a difference? If tach is Electronic.... ?? to get signal don't I just have to do an inductive wrap on plug wire? it should then just pick-up the single signal

Or was the r6 a CDI ignition fired Bike?? then I just piggyback cdi connection at coil...??

News... I have a assembly. my nephew has spare from wrecked bike that is till in working order (5***** shap) so I not need to buy. I just need to know if it will electricly work. On either signal I have available.

Thanks both....!!
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Monday, 23 April 2012 @ 11:06 AM ICT  

Quote by: news

As promised hereby the Yamaha Dash meter unit parts catalog, you can order this unit from any 'official' Yamaha dealer in Thailand...

News

Can you send me the whole parts catolog? This way I can see what drives tach and Speedometer. If I need to buy other parts to adapt these two items to work. I know the R6 had multiple cyinders and had multiple CDI signals received at tach, so if I send one, use R6 coil tach should modify or adapt display to show PM of single cylinder. I tried to look closely at back of tach/speedo package picture, cant tell if speedo is cable driven or not. If not then there has to be an electronic sending unit/transponder picking up wheel rotations. This would actually be great as then I could use with a degree of accuracy my 26" front wheel. Smile would be interesting to see what other items can be altered to work also.

Display I am being sent is off a 2007 R6. It was wrecked and insurance bought him a replacement 2008 (he was not riding at time of accident) Actually wiring diagram, Parts cat., service test proceedures pamplets would be great!

David

(Always be easier to buy new bike... But not Half as much Fun....!) ...News... You are like Santa Claus... If you ask for Porche... might get a VW, but at least its something! Smile

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 24 April 2012 @ 10:49 AM ICT  

Unless you are stuck on a R6 dash you can get aftermarket ones here. I once bought a digital dash for a Wave in a bike shop in Phuket. It had a cable entry for the speed and simple wiring for lights and tach.

The new Yamaha scooters have similar to R6?

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 26 April 2012 @ 10:21 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Unless you are stuck on a R6 dash you can get aftermarket ones here. I once bought a digital dash for a Wave in a bike shop in Phuket. It had a cable entry for the speed and simple wiring for lights and tach.

The new Yamaha scooters have similar to R6?

Flying Squirrel
Not stuck on it, Happens that My Nephew in Seattle is sending me a spare. Along with Ignition Module Box. I know R6 is CDI Ignition ox has 2 outlets to feed 4 coils (don't have a coi yet...) I know ignition box sends signal to Tach, Need Rotor/Stator and Pick-up assy from either R1 or R6 will modify and use here, hotter Ignition and crisper also big improvement in Lighting and Charging circuits. Would like to know how Wheel sensor assembly works to get it to correctly decode speed for Km.

I think once I am done, I could've bought a new bike cheaper...But where's the fun and pride of doing it you're self??

Would Like to know where you got your tach and some pictures if you can. I might just stop and smell the Roses... revamp and go a different route...

David

By: news (offline)  Monday, 30 April 2012 @ 06:57 AM ICT  

Quote by: davidstipek

News

Can you send me the whole parts catolog? This way I can see what drives tach and Speedometer. If I need to buy other parts to adapt these two items to work. I know the R6 had multiple cyinders and had multiple CDI signals received at tach, so if I send one, use R6 coil tach should modify or adapt display to show PM of single cylinder. I tried to look closely at back of tach/speedo package picture, cant tell if speedo is cable driven or not. If not then there has to be an electronic sending unit/transponder picking up wheel rotations. This would actually be great as then I could use with a degree of accuracy my 26" front wheel. Smile would be interesting to see what other items can be altered to work also.

Display I am being sent is off a 2007 R6. It was wrecked and insurance bought him a replacement 2008 (he was not riding at time of accident) Actually wiring diagram, Parts cat., service test proceedures pamplets would be great!

David

(Always be easier to buy new bike... But not Half as much Fun....!) ...News... You are like Santa Claus... If you ask for Porche... might get a VW, but at least its something! Smile

Sorry for the delay, but here is a link to the complete Yamaha YZF-R6 Parts Catalog in English and Thai language.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 03 May 2012 @ 11:37 PM ICT  

Quote by: davidstipek

News

David

Sorry for the delay, but here is a link to the complete Yamaha YZF-R6 Parts Catalog in English and Thai language.

Thanks News!!

Now I can take my printed copy to Dealer and show him what parts I need... Both in Thai and English!! So he knows I can help him understand and bridge the "Nit Noy" Gap!!

I owe you a Bottle... a beer.... what ever you want... Okay?

David (Sorry for My delay answering you also Smile )

By: news (offline)  Friday, 04 May 2012 @ 06:42 AM ICT  

We found a electrical wire diagram for the signaling unit of the Yamaha YZF-R6, this hopeful gives you more inside about how things work.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: David ()  Tuesday, 08 May 2012 @ 12:11 PM ICT  

We found a electrical wire diagram for the signaling unit of the Yamaha YZF-R6, this hopeful gives you more inside about how things work.

GOD! Your good!!

Thanks for both downloads. Speedo in in Shipping from Seattle so it should take about a month Smile Just kidding!! Last time it took 14 days for an "Overnight/Next Day" package to get here.haha! Someone in Seattle marked it wrong and they had to refund 38 USD. lol

But YOU are the Best....! Not just one Beer... or Coke`Cola (if you don't drink...BUT A CASE!

David

By: Anonymous: dAVID ()  Tuesday, 08 May 2012 @ 12:20 PM ICT  

1 WAS LOOKING AT YOUR SCREEN PICTURE. Would be cool if Tank was actual soap dispenser, (You refilled it thru gas cap...) so when you went to cleen-up after a greasy day working on Motorcycles... All you had to do was use wrist to turn water levers and to push on tank to dispense into your hands as water was mixed...

Unless you are really lucky... And I am fantisizing...lol! Sorry!! Just an IDEA>>

David

13 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association