By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Friday, 17 February 2012 @ 08:18 AM ICT (Read 5388 times)  

I am looking for a paint shop in NE Thailand or Bangkok (I am in Laos) that can do a good quality paint job on plastic parts for an off road bike.

Thanks.

By: Anonymous: Isaan Tom Boy ()  Saturday, 18 February 2012 @ 05:38 PM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous

I am looking for a paint shop in NE Thailand or Bangkok (I am in Laos) that can do a good quality paint job on plastic parts for an off road bike.

Thanks.

I'm living at Khon Kaen and my friends like to paint their motorcycle or car at the SC Garage (Khon Kaen), you can contact them by 043-343466.... But I'm not sure if they can speak English as they speak Isaan.

Thanks,

Isaan Tom Boy

By: sithone (offline)  Saturday, 18 February 2012 @ 06:34 PM ICT  

Thanks. The previous owner of the bike painted it about 3 years ago, and now the paint is cracking and flaking in some spots. So I'd like to find a place that has experience with painting plastic. I can speak Lao and a bit of Thai, so I'll try calling them. Cheers.

sithone

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Isaan Tom Boy ()  Saturday, 18 February 2012 @ 08:30 PM ICT  

Quote by: sithone

Thanks. The previous owner of the bike painted it about 3 years ago, and now the paint is cracking and flaking in some spots. So I'd like to find a place that has experience with painting plastic. I can speak Lao and a bit of Thai, so I'll try calling them. Cheers.

Okay, tomorrow I will help to find out more shops with experience for you, as I speak Thai and much more easy to get some information.
By the way, what is your off road bike...then maybe check about the cost for painting.

By: Anonymous: Rob CNX ()  Saturday, 03 March 2012 @ 07:02 PM ICT  

I am in the process of respraying my motorcycle pure white. I had previously resprayed it after an accident using spray paint cans from HomePro, but over the last year cracks have appeared on certain areas which tells me that the paint does not have the flexibility needed to move with the plastic. All bodywork was rubbed down, and undercoat used, prior to the top coating of paint. What paint would be suitable for me to do a better paint job, and would the paint available need to be lacquered also?

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 03 March 2012 @ 08:55 PM ICT  

If the paint is cracking on the plastic, this is an indication of a lack of flexible additive which is what paint professionals use to prevent this problem. The flexible additive or 'plasticiser' is required to allow the paint to move in conjunction with the plastics, otherwise it remains firm and starts to crack, as your panels are showing now.

A professional painter would be to strip the plastics down as far as possible, to remove te layers of top coat. These would then get primered with a high solid content primer, ensuring it has a 10% mix of flexible additive in I. Then use a high quality base coat, again with FA and finish it off with a good quality acrylic lacquer with FA again – it's vital stuff. That'll give the best finish but requires a compressor, spray gun and proper paint, equipment and environment as well as a fair degree of skill.

You can do it with aerosols and there's even some which have a flexible additive but it'll never match a pro using proper paint.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: a danby ()  Wednesday, 14 March 2012 @ 10:15 AM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous

Thanks.

I have my business here in Khon kaen, 'Pinkies paint and airbrush" I do all work on Harley Davidsons and American cars. You can look on my facebook under the same heading, and my contact number is 086 227 8006. All work is Guaranteed for 1 year.

---------------------------------
www.facebook.com/pages/Pinkies-paint-and-airbrush/300185776692949

Link added by forum moderator

By: Anonymous: D996 ()  Sunday, 18 March 2012 @ 08:11 AM ICT  

My Ducati 996 has tatty fairing lowers. I want to get them re-sprayed. The motorcycle's still got the original red Ducati paint and I want the panels to match perfectly. I've been told Ducati used three different shades of red, so is there any way to make sure mine gets sprayed up in the correct one?

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 18 March 2012 @ 09:13 AM ICT  

Quote by: D996

My Ducati 996 has tatty fairing lowers. I want to get them re-sprayed. The motorcycle's still got the original red Ducati paint and I want the panels to match perfectly. I've been told Ducati used three different shades of red, so is there any way to make sure mine gets sprayed up in the correct one?

Your Ducati motorcycle will be painted to the following paint color and code. Rosso Anniversary Red code 473.101. This paint code relates to the paint manufacturer BASF, if you take your panels to a creditable body shop, they should be able to match the color, even if they cannot mix it from the paint code.

P.S. Also it's probably best that you let a painter or paint mixer mix the paint without using the paint code, as sun and weather have influenced the color over the years... so the original paint code would probably look like a different shade.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association