Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Sunday, August 03 2014 @ 11:24 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Buying and Selling >  Buying a Motorcylce New Topic Post Reply
 Buying a motorcycle in Thailand
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Felix ()  Sunday, January 20 2008 @ 07:41 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Felix

Bought a wonderful Triumph Bonneville from Brit Bikes in RCA about 4 months ago. Got to say, they've been brilliant and can't praise them enough. Really go out of their way to help. Got a flat on the way to Hua Hin, they came to rescue me. Wanted some extra gear on the bike, done in no time. Hope they keep up the high standard. Only question I have: never heard of the green book. What is it?

By: Anonymous: CHris ()  Saturday, February 02 2008 @ 01:27 PM ICT  
Anonymous: CHris

I think all of you are misunderstanding with Redbaron. I disappointed with Red baron 6 months ago. I bought 1000CC from them. The bike is ok but Registration is illigal. Plz look at The registration. It is Rayong province. They bring the registration from other bikes to fix in my bike. So I will never turn to this shop again. One more thing. My friend told me Redbaron brings their bike to let Japanese people for rent. So WHy I have to buy rental bike??????

Now Extream bike was finished their business because they have bad history that they cheat many customer from Ordering bigbike.

So I would not like to recommend all of you to go to REDbaron although I bought from them.

By: Anonymous: Jeff ()  Saturday, April 19 2008 @ 03:55 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Jeff

I don't think Teera is bad service. Last month my bike is out of order for battery at sukhumvit. I call to Tp. They send mechanic to me in next 2 hours in order to repair my bike. He brings all equipment into scooter bike. I really appreciate in his mechanic because he drives scooter very difficult because he brought equipment to repair for me a lot. After that my bike is work and he recommends me to change battery as soon as possible. So I give him a drink money to say thank you

however Teera showroom have many bike to give you for choosing. Red is less than.

For registration
Now I use red plate and no green book. I never have problem but just some time police stop me and I just pay money 100-200 baht. Every one knows thai police wants some money. SO I save money 50000-60000 baht.

For RCA shop

Now MOTOZONE was closed already. Many my friend told me. they take money from customer for deposit and go to other country. No one can catch him.

By: Anonymous: jacko ()  Monday, May 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM ICT  
Anonymous: jacko

Quote by: Felix

Bought a wonderful Triumph Bonneville from Brit Bikes in RCA about 4 months ago. Got to say, they've been brilliant and can't praise them enough. Really go out of their way to help. Got a flat on the way to Hua Hin, they came to rescue me. Wanted some extra gear on the bike, done in no time. Hope they keep up the high standard. Only question I have: never heard of the green book. What is it?

The green book is your thai registration. No book/no standard plate = tax not paid in Thailand. Be ready to be stopped by the police a lot and help with their personal charity system. Glad you had good service so far but you may also have problems when it comes time to sell OR if the shop has not given you the green book and you have white plates on the bike BEWARE-the owner is the one named in the book-you have no way of checking if the bike has outstanding finance or is stolen. First rule of bike buying in Thailand is see the original book before paying one baht, register the bike yourself with the transport office. Hope it all remains trouble free for you

By: Anonymous: K.J. ()  Wednesday, July 30 2008 @ 06:34 PM ICT  
Anonymous: K.J.

to whom it may concern,
I have been read your comments for a while, hope this link may help you some

http://www.aphonda.co.th/superbike/index.asp

Honda Thailand will import big bikes directly from Japan under some kind of promotion programs with JEPA (less import tax)

However, they will start to sell bikes by end of year2008

By: maixiong (offline)  Friday, August 01 2008 @ 03:08 PM ICT  
maixiong

Hi, I would like to know about auction or any other website in Thailand that offers us to buy 2nd hand bikes.

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 11:24 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,098 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER