By: Anonymous: Mike ()  Monday, 09 May 2011 @ 08:21 AM ICT (Read 2144 times)  

Inspired by some friends, I have finally taught to wheelie. I can pretty much keep it up as long as I want, wind and road permitting, and I've just started on the seriously high back brake jobbies. To make life a little easier for me and my Yamaha YZF-R6, I decided to downgear it, it's had the desired affect, and I'm making real progress.

The problem is the speedo is obviously over-reading. I don't really care about that, but it's putting more kilometers on the odometer than the motorcycle is actually covering, which isn't so good when I come to sell it. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks Mike

By: news (offline)  Monday, 09 May 2011 @ 10:19 AM ICT  

There's a product called Speedo Healer that you plug into your motorcycle and it re-calibrates the speedo and odometer for you. The downside of the Speedo Healer is that the price is bit high, US$ 115, you can find enough products from other companies that are cheaper and do speedometer re-calibrating for motorcycles.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Phat Phreddy (offline)  Monday, 20 June 2011 @ 04:16 PM ICT  

Hang on.. Your fine with the kind of hoonage involved in learning to wheelie.. But your worried about the resale implications of a few extra recorded kms ??

Phat Phreddy

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association