By: Anonymous: Jim bob ()  Sunday, 17 April 2011 @ 06:27 PM ICT (Read 3938 times)  

Hi,

I'd like to hire a CBR400 in Phuket (or similar). Does anyone know someone I could contact online for prices etc.

thank you

By: Anonymous: HugeBear ()  Monday, 18 April 2011 @ 06:27 AM ICT  

Quote by: Jim bob

Hi,

I'd like to hire a CBR400 in Phuket (or similar). Does anyone know someone I could contact online for prices etc.

thank you

You can find many places on Phuket who rent motorcycles, the tricky thing is to find a good one. Also it's important that you understand a few basic rules of riding a motorcycle in Thailand.

When you rent a motorcycle, you need to make sure that the bike you rent is officially registered, and has insurance – also ask if the insurance has a pay bail – in case you get in an accident. (In Thailand it's common that a driver/rider of a motor vehicle gets arrested and jailed after an accident in which somebody was killed. Without bail insurance you stay in jail until a court can hear your side.... sometimes it can take years before an accident case comes to court.)

Thailand doesn't have special rules or regulations for big bikes, so same as the little 110 or 125cc motorcycles you need to stay at the left side (left lean) of the road. Officially, you're not allowed to overtake an slower moving vehicle by using the right lean... Riding motorcycle in Thailand seems lawless, but trust me – when a foreigner kills a Thai national all the rules come out of the closet to get you to pay

It is easy to rent a motorcycle in Phuket, even without a (valid) drivers license... But for a foreigner to ride a motorcycle in Thailand, without getting himself into problems, you need a international drivers license for motorcycles. For example, if you only have a car drivers license and kill somebody while riding a rented motorcycle, you risk that the insurance company will not pay the damage (quickly a 1 or more million THB if somebody killed) second a Thai court will likely find you guilty of killing (which is a longtime in jail - THAI jail)

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association