11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: No thanks ()  Wednesday, 06 April 2011 @ 08:07 PM ICT (Read 5905 times)  

Kawasaki Thailand are renowned for making stupid decisions; and for ripping us off with their prices of big bikes.

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 06 April 2011 @ 09:51 PM ICT  

Quote by: No thanks

Kawasaki Thailand are renowned for making stupid decisions; and for ripping us off with their prices of big bikes.

Kawasaki Thailand is ripping us off with prices?

A Kawasaki Ninja 650R costs in the USA US$ 7199 (that's 215,970 THB) the Kawasaki Ninja 650R (with ABS) costs in Thailand 257,000 THB – Yes, that is with ABS, the American Ninja 650R comes without ABS.

The same for the Kawasaki ER6n, it costs in the USA US$ 6699 (that's 200,970 THB), and the Kawasaki ER6n costs in Thailand 245,000 THB (Again the Thai version has ABS brakes and the USA version comes without)

For the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, it costs in the USA 3999 (that's 119,970 THB), and the Thai Kawasaki Ninja 250R costs 247,000 THB. But the USA version is still using two carburetors while the Thai version is using a modern fuel-injection system.

So yes, the Kawasaki's cost less in the USA, but you also get less....

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Matty (offline)  Wednesday, 06 April 2011 @ 10:01 PM ICT  

Kawasaki are not ripping anybody off, they put a price tag on their bikes and people decide for themselves if they want to buy them. There is no deciept or trickery, they are a quality product.
If you think Kawasaki big bikes are too expensive then buy a different brand like Honda, Suzuki etc. etc. You will find that almost all new big bikes over 250cc are expensive in Thailand, They are approximately double the price that they are sold for in Australia and i know that new bikes in America and England are alot cheaper than in Australia.
Blame the Thai government tax system not the manufacturers..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Jeffrey ()  Thursday, 07 April 2011 @ 11:26 AM ICT  

Very happy with the sales and service I get from Kawasaki Thailand - Have 2 bikes now - had a third and sold it - Will get more in the future. Fair prices, good sales and service and parts as well as located all over Thailand and can get most any part in hours. Tell me any other Truly Big bike company that does that here in Thailand ? Yes the Taxes the Government charges is higher than in some other countries, But this is Thailand and not Kawasaki's fault.

Keep up the good work Kawasaki !

By: Anonymous: Phat Phreddy ()  Thursday, 07 April 2011 @ 11:31 AM ICT  

Quote by: Matty

Kawasaki are not ripping anybody off, they put a price tag on their bikes and people decide for themselves if they want to buy them. There is no deciept or trickery, they are a quality product.

Kawasaki Thailand claimed the ZX10 was a full power bike with the worldwide 170 bhp..

Customers then felt these were not right and it took customers paying for dyno runs to prove these were +- 130bhp before they finally admitted that the bikes were restricted. Call it stupid, call it miss informed, call it lies.. At best they exhibited a total case of having their heads up their asses and at worst they outright ripped customers off. No refunds were offered and the conversion to full power was a very expensive and warranty voiding process !!

What would you call that ??

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 07 April 2011 @ 11:48 AM ICT  

The power restrictions are necessary for the bike to pass the Thai emission rules, and yes, I agree that the not fully informed sales staff was less perfect. It proves that when you buy a big bike in Thailand you need to keep both eyes open, so much things can go wrong and so little people know what they talk about............

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Info ()  Thursday, 07 April 2011 @ 03:03 PM ICT  

So what are the Thai taxes on, say, a new Z1000 ?

Incidentally, checking the Kawasaki Thailand prices against Newcastle Kawasaki this is what I found;

ER-6N Thailand 245,000 baht....... Oz equivalent 361,213 baht

Versys Thailand 285,000 .......... Oz equivalent 342,750 baht

Z1000 Thailand 595,000 ........ Oz equivalent 483,094 baht

Vulcan Classic Thailand 461,000 .. Oz equivalent 383,294 baht

Oh, and there were many more choices of Kawasaki available in Oz too !
Many more choices from all manufacturers actually.
But Kawa Thailand are off to a good start, leading the way in Big Bike availability.
Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki are you listening?

By: Anonymous: kaiser ()  Thursday, 07 April 2011 @ 11:58 PM ICT  

Kawasaki Phuket are bullshit lier... I order Dtracker 250 white & red color 3 weeks ago, they promise me before the 10/04 I get my bike and today, I call them to know when I will have it... Not before the 26/04 sir !!! Bastard

By: Anonymous: Nilez ()  Monday, 20 June 2011 @ 01:07 AM ICT  

heh yep Kawi's at phuket neither honest nor fast, but the're friendly and can help you out a bit, but sometimes making silly mistakes....

By: news (offline)  Monday, 20 June 2011 @ 06:34 AM ICT  

The problem is that Kawasaki Phuket is the regional dealer, so if you want to buy a official Kawasaki in Phuket you need to deal with them. And Kawasaki Phuket knows all to well that nobody else is offering machines you can compare with the Kawasaki D-Tracker 250. No competition is never good for customer service...

Honda announced at one of the last dealer meetings that it will introduce 13 new two-wheelers in the next 10 months. Sure most of them will probably be scooters, but from a few more questions we had the idea that 2 of the scheduled motorcycles will have a 250cc class engine. The rumors that Honda will introduce a motard style motorcycle in Thailand started around the time Honda introduced the CZ-i 110.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Nilez ()  Monday, 20 June 2011 @ 05:32 PM ICT  

would like to see honda introducing crm 250l- so we have some new stuff to compare with klx

11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association