By: Anonymous: willem ()  Tuesday, 27 July 2010 @ 11:54 PM ICT (Read 5495 times)  

Does anyone know a reliable place where I cab get my Hayabusa serviced for an annoying low speed ( below 4000 rpm surging problem? It seems to be starving for fuel and also hard to start. I live in Chumphon but willing to take it anywhere to get rectified once and for all. Any help is much appreciated!

By: Anonymous: shark ()  Wednesday, 28 July 2010 @ 01:36 AM ICT  

Hi,

You don't have much choice in bangkok.

You can Try the RED BARON , TP motorcycle, they might be able to service the bike ( i emphasize : Might ! ) because they repair only the bike that they sold, otherwise they will charge you more, or even they won't do it at all.

beside those two shops, i don't know any other place where someone can repair the hayabusa.

reading your message, it seems that your bike Intake is dirty, and that creates problem at low rpm ( you can clean the air filter that should do the trick ) you have to check the sparkplugs as well as the injection system that it could be dirty also, you can buy a injection cleaner at any Central department store in bangkok ( at least at CEntral Chidlom and silom )

Good luck

Sylvain

By: Anonymous: Charles ()  Wednesday, 28 July 2010 @ 06:23 AM ICT  

It depends if you in a hurry, but Suzuki Thailand can probably help you. The Hayabusa is officially sold in Thailand. Suzuki Thailand is likely a bit more expensive than the dealers Shark pointed out, but Suzuki Thailand doesn't charge an additional entry fee to service a motorcycle which is not bought from them.

By: Precision (offline)  Wednesday, 28 July 2010 @ 03:04 PM ICT  

Hello

Without examining the motorcycle its impossible to say what the fault is, we have a motorcycle repair and service facility based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and we would be happy to give all the assistance we can to help you get the bike to us so that we can fix it for you. Send us an e-mail at Precision@online.com.kh for a link to our website with more information about our facilities.

If you can't make it at least send us an e-mail with a more in depth diagnosis and we'll try to help you the best we can via e-mail.

Precision Motorcycles

I am an english mechanic with a service and repair facility based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia catering to all work on big bikes, e-mail precision@online.com.kh

Precision

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: dutchy ()  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 12:17 PM ICT  

Quote by: shark

Hi,

You don't have much choice in bangkok.

You can Try the RED BARON , TP motorcycle, they might be able to service the bike ( i emphasize : Might ! ) because they repair only the bike that they sold, otherwise they will charge you more, or even they won't do it at all.

beside those two shops, i don't know any other place where someone can repair the hayabusa.

reading your message, it seems that your bike Intake is dirty, and that creates problem at low rpm ( you can clean the air filter that should do the trick ) you have to check the sparkplugs as well as the injection system that it could be dirty also, you can buy a injection cleaner at any Central department store in bangkok ( at least at CEntral Chidlom and silom )

Good luck

Hi; Thanks for your info. I have tried to get Red Baron to sort it out. They did put a new air filter in but it gradually got worse. They told me to bring it back in but unfortunately I live in Chumphon.

Willem

By: Anonymous: dutchy ()  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 12:56 PM ICT  

Quote by: Charles

It depends if you in a hurry, but Suzuki Thailand can probably help you. The Hayabusa is officially sold in Thailand. Suzuki Thailand is likely a bit more expensive than the dealers Shark pointed out, but Suzuki Thailand doesn't charge an additional entry fee to service a motorcycle which is not bought from them.

Thanks ; I have emailed them w/o a reply

By: Anonymous: johnboy ()  Sunday, 05 June 2011 @ 04:40 AM ICT  

i am a bike mechanic in the uk. and i owned an unrestricted busa. the surge you speak of is very hard to remove as the bike has massive carbs/throttle bodies and at around 40 mph your using around 2-3% of its throttle opening. as such is almost impossible to get the to run spot on. you will need to check valve clearances and compression BEFORE trying to set up carbs/injection bodies. the science of the engine is the same. FI or Carbs. Check compression, then valve clearances if the compressions not where it needs to be. Then move on to throttle bodies. Essencially a 170-200bhp bike on the road is using at the rev range you suggest around 5-10% throttle in big throlle bodies.thats where the problem comes. suzuki are not the best
(honda being the best) on the early busa's at getting th 'hunting' right. the later busa's are better with there 'power maps' that help. if you ask me, everyone that gave feedback to suzuki saying aobut the hunting was a precursor to suuki saying 'ok, weve got loew down fueling wrong its going out of tune and hunting alot. lets give the rider 3 power chioces on the hamlde bar to help the problem. and well market it as oooh 3 mew pwer modes.' i know many early busa owners and they all reported low rpm hunting probs. thats just how a 200bhp suzuki on 3% was back then with a few miles on the clock. ps what is the mileage? hopefull this helps a little.john

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association