By: Anonymous: Matty ()  Tuesday, 27 July 2010 @ 08:49 PM ICT (Read 6477 times)  

Now i have arrived and chilled out in Bangkok for about a week. Its time to get myself a bike and explore this exciting country, Can anybody help me with an address or approximate location of the nearest Yamaha dealer to Sukhumvit Soi 4,
Hope someone can point me in the right direction

If anyone has dealt with a Yamaha dealer and had a positve experience please feel free to recommend them.
Likewise if you know any Dealers to steer clear of , i would appreciate that advice too.
cheers
Matty..

By: Anonymous: SameSame ()  Tuesday, 27 July 2010 @ 09:37 PM ICT  

I would not bore myself with any small dealers, just take the skytrain to Siam Square/MBK and you find one of Bangkok's biggest dealers (also the best bet that they speak some English)

By: Anonymous: maurits ()  Wednesday, 28 July 2010 @ 10:33 PM ICT  

you mean a big bike or a small (scooter) type? for big bikes good dealer is on ratchadapisek road next to esplanada shopping mall.
but regardless of big/small, if you are on at tourist visa, get a bike in your name can be a problem maybe. and why the hassle? on every street corner in every tourist place you can rent bikes for reasonbale prices. depending on model/age/your bargaining skills THB 100-300 per day. but for a long time (1 week or more) you must be able to get a nice discount. have fun

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 28 July 2010 @ 10:47 PM ICT  

Now I'm not been to Siam Square for some time, but I can vaguely remember that they had a Yamaha center. And from Sukhumvit Soi 4 it would be the easiest Yamaha location.

Ratchada Pisek Rd. would also be not to difficult, but you first need to travel to the MRT (subway) to get to Ratchada Rd.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Ken ()  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 12:16 AM ICT  

You've been here for a week? And ready to buy a bike now? It might be good to wait a bit, shop around a bit. Look for used bikes on craigslist, maybe. Look at dealers up country on the off chance there's a price differential. And look at the kinds of bikes that are available here, who gives you a good bang for your buck, etc., so on and so forth. There are tradeoffs, you know? If you've money burning a hole in your pocket and gots to have a Suzuki Hayabusa, well, carry on. If looking at smaller bikes, lots to choose from. Do you want that Honda CBR150 for 65,000 Baht, or would you prefer a Tiger 250 for 70,000 Baht? I have no idea, and there are plenty of reasons to choose either one. But first, you need to make that comparison on your own. Be patient...?

By: Matty (offline)  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 09:07 AM ICT  

Yeah i,ve been here a week, but on my 6th trip here, this time for a year.
Im not looking at a Big Bike, for a couple of reasons (altho i would love one ) .
1.. they are way over priced (even 2nd hand)
2...im going thru rural north east thailand, into lao as well... I want a bike the local kid on the street corner can fix, and probably has parts for in his school bag.
3...and a bike thats gonna be easy and fast to sell at the end of the day

So i figure the best style of bike is the local thai underbone motorcycle ( lucky im not gonna be in a hurry )
Yamaha Spark 135i sounds like its the best performing of this style of bike, Hopefully it will be able to sit comfortably on 110kph or so without too much trouble
And if it breaks down in some small village somewhere , at worst parts would need to come from Bkk, not Japan as a Hayabussa would.

Any thoughts or alternative bike suggestions are welcome.
cheers Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Ken ()  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 11:58 PM ICT  

I do have a Tiger Boxer 250. Made in Thailand, but of Italian design. Good points and bad, as most anything would have. Definitely be sending to BKK for parts if it breaks down in Laos, so maybe not your cup of tea. Still, there's a Boxer dealer on Paholyothin (however it's spelled), a short walk north of Major Cineplex as I recall. Can't hurt to go have a look, can it? I think they're running 72,000 in Bangkok (I paid 73 in Chiang Mai). It's a MOTORCYCLE, and not a motorbike. So the shifter is with toe only -- 1 down, four up. No basket in the front for carrying anything either. Workmanship is middle of the road. Some good points, and some annoying. Mostly, I'm happy with it, but that's me.

Probably the =easiest= bike to get parts for would be a Honda anything. The others trail off from there. Getting anything for my wife's Suzuki 110 is a major pain.

Hope these comments help...

By: Anonymous: Roy ()  Monday, 02 August 2010 @ 11:19 AM ICT  

Siam Square has no Yamaha "motorcycle" dealer, they've Yamaha Music store so if you want to buy a piano.

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association