10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: kifkif ()  Thursday, 27 May 2010 @ 01:32 AM ICT (Read 20581 times)  

BANGKOK BIKES RENTAL opened up in Bangkok .

You can find the link to Bangkok Bikes Retal in our Motorcycle Rental Website Directory

Regards,
Franck

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 27 May 2010 @ 06:39 AM ICT  

He Franck,

You likely the first motorcycle rental company in Bangkok. We at Motorcycle Thailand wish you success with your business endeavor.

Motorcycle Thailand

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Franck ()  Thursday, 29 July 2010 @ 04:14 AM ICT  

Many thanks MT !!

By: Anonymous: SwissJon ()  Monday, 18 October 2010 @ 02:55 PM ICT  

OK.. The link above is still working, so ththe OP has his answer..

Not trying to put a downer on this thread, but there is a reason why it's difficult to rent bikes in BKK.. It IS dangerous.. The traffic in BKK is hell, and if you aren't used to it, it's likely going to kill you.. Don't rent a bike that is bigger than your bike at home and don't forget your medical insurance, helmet, and perhaps a mesh jacket.. Seriously guys.. These warnings are there for a reason. I HAVE ridden in BKK, and it's very scary.

I would suggest two approaches to bike rental:

1. Rent a small bike if you don't intend to ride far from the city.. Reason being that they're easier to manage in the BKK traffic, and you'll actually end up going faster because they can slot in and out of the crazy traffic much easier. Also, with a 125 or something like this, you'll not stand out from the Thai's, and so won't attract the attention of the police.. The Thai's class any engine over 200cc as a luxury good, meaning it's going to be mainly us farangs riding them, and it's your responsibility to make sure the paperwork is in order, so the BKK police, especially, keep an eye out for farangs on powerful bikes.. Maybe they're corrupt, maybe they have a quota, maybe they just don't like farangs, but if you're riding an 1100cc Motorbike through the heavy crazy BKK traffic, you can expect to go slower than the smaller bikes and get stopped regularly by the police. Also be careful where you park up.. You might be on holiday, but the bike thieves aren't, and given the choice of stealling a 125 or a 1100, take a guess which one they will go for.

2. Get a big bike and get the hell outta dodge (or BKK) The country roads in Thailand are superb for riding and the Thai Countryside is beautiful.. It seems a real waste of time and money to rent a big bike just to ride around town in.. I've ridden from Chiang Mai to Koh Samui and back again on a Kwaker ZZR 1100.. It was the trip of a lifetime and I would do it again any time, in fact, I probably will, in November.. It's a long trip, and you need to be careful where and how you park up, same goes as in BKK..

Having said all that, on the right bike, I can't see BKK being any more dangerous than most big cities in 2nd/3rd world countries.. Among others I've ridden in Brazillia, Mexico City, BKK and Kuala Lumpur.. The other road users are used to bikes, which is generally the coice of transport for people with low incomes, so the awareness of bikes is generally higher than places like London and Paris, where people seem to be bike blind. If you get an appropriate bike for the road conditions, and make sure you're properly covered and your paperwork is in order, riding in these countries is an experience never forgotten..

Enjoy.

By: Anonymous: Aerton Senna ()  Monday, 01 November 2010 @ 12:41 PM ICT  

John, you may know that people are dying on motorbikes all around the world ... if you are a crazy driver, you will have accident anywhere you are riding ... BKK can be safe if you are driving cleverly ...

Bangkok Bikes Rental have nice bikes, in excellent conditions and the two guys that manage it are serious and easy going ... BKK is a nice play ground and the thai country is wonderful to visit by bike ...

Don't be scared and enjoy riding in Thailand ...

By: Anonymous: JAVIER ()  Thursday, 24 February 2011 @ 08:55 PM ICT  

The same discussion can be found at Bangkok Motorcycles rental

By: Anonymous: Anthony Bleeker ()  Thursday, 11 August 2011 @ 05:45 PM ICT  

Bangkok Bikes Rental just refused to rent me some of the accessories stated on their website. This post is a record of their customer service and business practices.

I called requesting 2 sets of jackets and gloves for 4 days. At first no one picked up the phone and there was opportunity to leave a voice message. So I texted the number. I received a call back but the person calling only waited for one ring before hanging up. I called back and the person said they needed to check the text. I waited 4 hours before I called back as she was going to call me back. When I called back I was told that I could not rent the equipment. I will not try to use this company in the future.

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 11 August 2011 @ 06:32 PM ICT  

Quote by: Anthony Bleeker

Bangkok Bikes Rental just refused to rent me some of the accessories stated on their website. This post is a record of their customer service and business practices.

I called requesting 2 sets of jackets and gloves for 4 days. At first no one picked up the phone and there was opportunity to leave a voice message. So I texted the number. I received a call back but the person calling only waited for one ring before hanging up. I called back and the person said they needed to check the text. I waited 4 hours before I called back as she was going to call me back. When I called back I was told that I could not rent the equipment. I will not try to use this company in the future.

Did you also wanted to rent a motorcycle from them or just motorcycle gear. If it's just the motorcycle gear I can imagine that they prefer to rent riding gear (suite, jacket, pants or gloves) to people who also rent a motorcycle.

Of course I cannot say if everything was smooth and transparent, but if I call a rental company to rent a car what often happens it's not uncommon that the model I want is not available... Still I call them the next time because maybe next time more luck...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Piak ()  Wednesday, 28 September 2011 @ 06:34 AM ICT  

Check out Bangkok Motorbike Rentals , we have a wide selection of assorted bikes from small scooters up to 250 cc or 650cc ,all with tax +and insurance + free helmets and jackets etc

New Kawasaki and Honda and the Tiger Boxer 250 RS models are also available

best regards

piak

081-561-1285

By: Anonymous: BBR Team ()  Saturday, 24 March 2012 @ 11:55 AM ICT  

this company is only a pale imitation of BANGKOK BIKES RENTAL.

If you want a bike in great conditions and properly covered, use the ONLY RELIABLE RENTER of BKK : BANGKOK BIKES RENTAL

Have a look on our website and you will find the bike and service you are looking for : Motorcycles for Rent
Test the other one and you'll get back to us ...

C U

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association