By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Tuesday, 19 February 2008 @ 10:46 PM ICT (Read 23149 times)  

I am living in the US and want to buy a bike for my girlfriend in Pattaya as a surprise for her birthday. Does anyone know of a good dealership there where I can order over the net or telephone?

Thank you!

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 20 February 2008 @ 07:47 AM ICT  

Hi Chris,

You not specify what sort of motorcycle you want to buy for your girlfriend, but as most girls, she probably would like a small engine motorcycle.

For small engine motorcycle's, there more motorcycle dealers then we can publish here in Pattaya and Chonburi, buying one is not any problem. This dealers are trustworthy, they sell there motorcycles 99% to the local population, cheating Thai people will mean they quickly out of business.

I would advice you to not try to order online, or buying a motorcycle by telephone, as that creates a option for dishonest behavior. Also for buying a motorcycle in Thailand it is necessary to register the bike with your girlfriends ID-card, it is therefore better you let her do the buying, or buy the motorcycle on your next visit.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Chris ()  Wednesday, 20 February 2008 @ 09:01 AM ICT  

That makes sense, thanks for the advice. I will tell her I'm buying it on my next visit in May! =)

Thanks!

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Tuesday, 02 September 2008 @ 06:40 AM ICT  

A motorbike in Thailand can actually be titled in a foreign owners name without a problem if buying new. Only requirements are that you have been in the country for at least 3 months. So anyone with a 1 year visa or work permit, can buy a bike and register it in their name only. This can be done with used motorbikes as well, but from what I hear on the used ones from friends, the process is a little more intensive. As to what kind of bike she would be happy with, whats your budget? You can buy a new Platinum 125cc for 19,900baht whereas the new Honda Clicks range from 45,000-51,000Baht. The Yamaha Nouvo, and Honda Click would be my choices, as they are both automatic transmission bikes. The Yamaha will be slightly cheaper, but the Honda's have a better resale value in Thailand at the moment. I personally have a Click and love the bike. Lastly, keep in mind if you do buy a bike in BKK, you CANNOT drive it on the freeway back to Pattaya. So that means getting a friend with a pickup truck, or hiring out a pickup for the day to get the bike back to Pattaya.

By: Anonymous: jb5music ()  Saturday, 27 June 2009 @ 09:53 PM ICT  

Since when can't you ride a motorbike from Bangkok to Pattaya?

If I'd have known that I wouldn't have done it at least 10 times. Or ridden to Cambodia on 30+ visa runs .
Or ridden to Laos on a visa run or made 2, trips from
Pattaya to PENANG! (On a Suzuki 110.)

By: Anonymous: Concern guy ()  Saturday, 23 January 2010 @ 07:09 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chris

I am living in the US and want to buy a bike for my girlfriend in Pattaya as a surprise for her birthday. Does anyone know of a good dealership there where I can order over the net or telephone?

Thank you!

Listen Listen Chris,

Don't buy your GF anything, and esp not a Scooter! I know your reason very well. She might very well bang one if not more bloke beside you. In fact i would bet on it. The day you are suck dry is the day she will leave you. Bar none

heed my advice and have a good day

By: Anonymous: ying ()  Tuesday, 14 December 2010 @ 03:04 PM ICT  

SECOND HAND BIKE AUCTION
START PRICE 1,000 ฿
AT TARADTAPPASIT ON EVERY FRIDAY 17.30 PM
TEL. 02-7354446

Motorcycle Dealers Thailand

By: Anonymous: Sucker ()  Tuesday, 14 December 2010 @ 05:33 PM ICT  

Something tells me Pattaya GF wouldn't be satisfied with a cheap second hand motorbike! Cry
Do NOTHING until you get here Chris; May 2011 is a VERY long way away.
Been there, done that! Embarrased

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association