By: Anonymous: DToe ()  Wednesday, 21 April 2010 @ 12:31 PM ICT (Read 12604 times)  

I'm 43 and have commuted locally for four years on a Honda Air Blade scooter. I have restricted movement in my left leg and both legs are weak due to an accident 20 years ago. I'm soon going to be doing longer commutes about once a week, and I'd love to do this on a motorcycle if I can but I need something bigger than my Honda Air Blade.

I've looked at a number of motorcycles but I am restricted due to the gear selector/peg arrangement on the left side. On many motorcycles I simply can't get my foot far enough back to reach the peg, let alone change gear. I could buy a Yamaha T-Max, but I want to try a 'proper' motorcycle.

Any suggestions?

By: Anonymous: mbox ()  Wednesday, 21 April 2010 @ 02:39 PM ICT  

Quote by: DToe

I'm 43 and have commuted locally for four years on a Honda Air Blade scooter. I have restricted movement in my left leg and both legs are weak due to an accident 20 years ago. I'm soon going to be doing longer commutes about once a week, and I'd love to do this on a motorcycle if I can but I need something bigger than my Honda Air Blade. I've looked at a number of motorcycles but I am restricted due to the gear selector/peg arrangement on the left side. On many motorcycles I simply can't get my foot far enough back to reach the peg, let alone change gear. I could buy a Yamaha T-Max, but I want to try a 'proper' motorcycle. Any suggestions?

hi there not sure if you want to change gear or not, but here is the tiger boxer 250RS
Click on image to open
price for the Tiger Boxer 250RS is 72000 THB

and if you don't want to change gears there is the automatic Tiger Gmax 150 cc( which is actually a PGO Product)
Click on image to open
price for the Tiger Gmax is 69000 THB

if you look at http://www.tigersachsclub.com you find more details alongside with other products that maybe suitable and can even order it online and have it delivered nationwide.

By: Anonymous: matty4u ()  Wednesday, 21 April 2010 @ 03:58 PM ICT  

My next door neighbour is in his late 50s and has a wooden lower left leg, He has just bought an Aprilla Mana 850 which is a "real motorbike" with an auto gearbox. check out some websites to see reviews etc. he is very happy with it and has no problems riding it.
I guess you would have to import one into thailand though.
cheers Matty..

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 21 April 2010 @ 04:43 PM ICT  

As you already looked at the Yamaha Tmax, I think you look for a bit more power then the regular scooters you see around on the road.

An alternative are the Vespa GTS 250 ie and the Vespa GTS 300 Super ie, which are the latest models and available in Thailand.

Vespa GTS 250 ie costs 285,000 Baht,
Vespa GTS 300 Super ie costs 310,000 Baht.

Click on image to open

Then there is also the Cam-Am Spyder, but the prices for the Spyders go over 1 million Baht.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 21 April 2010 @ 05:15 PM ICT  

Nothing wrong with the Tiger G-max 150 but the price is a bit outdated, for less you can get a Lifan LF250T-6B 250cc scooter.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: mbox ()  Wednesday, 21 April 2010 @ 05:58 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

As you already looked at the Yamaha Tmax, I think you look for a bit more power then the regular scooters you see around on the ro

An alternative are the Vespa GTS 250 ie and the Vespa GTS 300 Super ie, which are the latest models and available in Thailand.

Vespa GTS 250 ie costs 285,000 Baht,
Vespa GTS 300 Super ie costs 310,000 Baht.

Then there is also the Cam-Am Spyder, but the prices for the Spyders go over 1 million Baht.

I saw those vespas at the Bitec Motorshow...they look actually nice too. There were some cheaper models too. I think 150 cc? And for about 99000 thb , but those are made in Vietnam i been told while the other ones with 250 cc were italian import thus the higher price.

yes those Can-Am's on the show where impressing. Here some pics and specs:

Click on image to openClick on image to open

Click on image to open

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 06:12 AM ICT  

I reckon a big scooter could be spot-on. I was in Europe once and borrowed a Yamaha T-Max for a couple of days. I rode from Hanover (Germany) to Strasbourg (France) then spent a day exploring Strasbourg on the Yamaha T-Max – and it was good, awesome. It'd do 145km/h on the motorway and you were out of the wind and it was easy to ride – not terrifying like you'd imagine.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association